- 5 min ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- 27 min ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 37 min ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- 57 min ago Panipat Actress, Kriti Sanon's Sari And Sports Shoes Look Is What We Want To Nail
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh To Star Alongside Sidharth Malhotra And Ajay Devgn In Indra Kumar’s Next Movie
- News He has performed his duty: Cyberabad CP V C Sajjanar's brother
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Kohli's band look to pick up an early lead
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
Goa is an ideal honeymoon destination; a hippie joint for the herb-doers, a rejuvenating destination for getaways and a trippy road trip for bikers. Apart from its tourism, there are a lot of other things that are untold about this beautiful Indian state.
Goa is the smallest India state, its northern part is pampered by Maharashtra and the southern and eastern part by Karnataka. As it shares borders with these two states, it offers a quick weekend getaway in Goa.
Goa is rich in Konkani culture, but as it was invaded by Portuguese long before the Indian independence, the state is much into a mix of Konkani and Portuguese culture. Most of the people are either Konkani Brahmins (the fishermen community) or Catholics. Betwixt all these, we can not ignore the fact that Goa has inherited diverse fashion culture.
Fashion is immensely diverse in Goa. From pethani to bikini, gowns to rompers, skirts to maxis; everything is widely available here. It is one of the most liberal states of India.
Bikini isn't a Goan fashion tradition, but due to a lot of foreign tourists bikini has become a major fashion aspect in Goa. Let's see what Goa has to offer us today from its fashion kitty.
Image Courtesy- Pinterest
A typical Konkani attire. Basically, women belonging to Maharashtra and the fishermen community wear this attire. It is a very traditonal konkani dress. It is a nine meter saree, which is draped around legs as a dhoti and the veil is kept long. A very gender fluid attire.
2. Portuguese Culture
Image Courtesy- goaprism.com
Goa is know for the Basilica church which was built by Portuguese. And along with the Portuguese came the layers, colours, and gowns. The typical Portuguese colourful gowns are still a matter of pride in Goa. As most of people in Goa are the descendants of Portuguese, they still love to follow the Christian gown tradition in their Portuguese way.
3. Long Floral Skirts
Image Courtesy- reshareit.com
Whenever you're in Goa, you'd see at least one Mellisa aunty donning a skirt. Seventeen to seventy, every lady in Goa loves to wear long skirts, mostly the skirts hemline is set till the ankle or calf. The skirts are usually floral giving the proper Goan beach look.
4. Flea Markets
Image Courtesy- Pinterest
Goa is known for its tourist attractions and beautiful beaches. Along with the beaches and tourist attraction comes the flea markets. Goa flea markets are very popular and fashionable. One of the best street shopping markets in India. From bikinis to sarees, skirts to bags; everything is available. Also, they are fashionable of course.
So, this was all about the fashionable Indian state, Goa. To read more of such stories stay tuned
and don't forget to comment below.