- 6 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 8 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 9 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 11 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- Finance Silver Rate Drops Sharply By Rs. 200, Check Rates In Major Cities Here
- News Ailing Lalu airlifted to Delhi, admitted to AIIMS
- Sports Three Premier League clubs that could sign Chelsea youngster Armando Broja this summer
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ25 Vs TVS Ronin - Specs Comparison
- Movies Sanya Malhotra Shares The Secret Of Tackling With Challenging Scenes In HIT: The First Case
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
Goa is an ideal honeymoon destination; a hippie joint for the herb-doers, a rejuvenating destination for getaways and a trippy road trip for bikers. Apart from its tourism, there are a lot of other things that are untold about this beautiful Indian state.
Goa is the smallest India state, its northern part is pampered by Maharashtra and the southern and eastern part by Karnataka. As it shares borders with these two states, it offers a quick weekend getaway in Goa.
Goa is rich in Konkani culture, but as it was invaded by Portuguese long before the Indian independence, the state is much into a mix of Konkani and Portuguese culture. Most of the people are either Konkani Brahmins (the fishermen community) or Catholics. Betwixt all these, we can not ignore the fact that Goa has inherited diverse fashion culture.
Fashion is immensely diverse in Goa. From pethani to bikini, gowns to rompers, skirts to maxis; everything is widely available here. It is one of the most liberal states of India.
Bikini isn't a Goan fashion tradition, but due to a lot of foreign tourists bikini has become a major fashion aspect in Goa. Let's see what Goa has to offer us today from its fashion kitty.
Image Courtesy- Pinterest
A typical Konkani attire. Basically, women belonging to Maharashtra and the fishermen community wear this attire. It is a very traditonal konkani dress. It is a nine meter saree, which is draped around legs as a dhoti and the veil is kept long. A very gender fluid attire.
2. Portuguese Culture
Image Courtesy- goaprism.com
Goa is know for the Basilica church which was built by Portuguese. And along with the Portuguese came the layers, colours, and gowns. The typical Portuguese colourful gowns are still a matter of pride in Goa. As most of people in Goa are the descendants of Portuguese, they still love to follow the Christian gown tradition in their Portuguese way.
3. Long Floral Skirts
Image Courtesy- reshareit.com
Whenever you're in Goa, you'd see at least one Mellisa aunty donning a skirt. Seventeen to seventy, every lady in Goa loves to wear long skirts, mostly the skirts hemline is set till the ankle or calf. The skirts are usually floral giving the proper Goan beach look.
4. Flea Markets
Image Courtesy- Pinterest
Goa is known for its tourist attractions and beautiful beaches. Along with the beaches and tourist attraction comes the flea markets. Goa flea markets are very popular and fashionable. One of the best street shopping markets in India. From bikinis to sarees, skirts to bags; everything is available. Also, they are fashionable of course.
So, this was all about the fashionable Indian state, Goa. To read more of such stories stay tuned
and don't forget to comment below.
- lgbtqShattering Stereotypes One Day At A Time: Lesbian Couple Get Engaged In Nagpur, To Wed in Goa
- lifeGoa Liberation Day 2020: History And Significance
- bollywood wardrobeMalavika Mohanan Exudes Soothing Vibes In Her Draped Gown And Sets Major Vacation Fashion Goals
- festivalsBonderam Day 2021:Date, History And Significance
- pulseGoa Govt To Make HIV Test Mandatory Before Marriage
- bollywood wardrobeWhen Bebo Turns Begum; Kareena In A Royal Look
- fashionTop 10 Fashion Moments From The Indian Beach Fashion Week 2016 That We Loved
- lifeSunburn Festival 2011 Gets Ready To Entertain
- lifeBrittos - India's Finest Beach Restaurant
- alcoholic drinksFeni Lemon Martini - Tasty Feni Cocktail
- pulseLara Dutta's Dream Wedding In Goa
- shirdi sai babaSai Sat Charitra, Chapter 36-Part II (Continued)