- 6 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 8 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 8 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 11 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- Finance Received New Solar Power Project, This Green Energy Stock Gains 71% In 1 Month: Buy?
- News Ailing Lalu airlifted to Delhi, admitted to AIIMS
- Sports Three Premier League clubs that could sign Chelsea youngster Armando Broja this summer
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ25 Vs TVS Ronin - Specs Comparison
- Movies Sanya Malhotra Shares The Secret Of Tackling With Challenging Scenes In HIT: The First Case
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
Durga Puja is an auspicious time for the devotees of Durga Maa and Bengalis specially. Durga puja and Navratri are celebrated parallely. So Durga puja is also a time of feast for the eastern people. Maa Durga brings happiness, prosperity and peace after defeating the evil and bad . Maa Durga is the goddess of power, strength and the destroyer of evil.
People in Bengal and other parts of east get excited whenever Durga puja arrives. Along with Durga puja comes a grand fashion parade, especially in Kolkata. Kolkata is called the city of joy, the city of sweets and the city of Alta. When this beautiful city has so much to offer us, how can it lack in fashion quotient?
The Tanti saree, Benarasi saree and what not Today, we are going to show you five types of Bengali saree that anyone can don on this Durga puja. Let's have a sneak peek:
1. Tant Sarees
Tant or Tanti is a basic type of Bengali cotton. These sarees are stiff and starched, so they need to washed before wearing (if it is new). Tant sarees are worn in summers as they are very light and comfortable. It looks even more beautiful if draped in a traditional Bengali style.
Swarnachari is a type of Baluchari saree, where the detailing is done with gold zari . It looks immensely beautiful on the young ladies and the newlyweds. These sarees are high -priced and are rare to find these days, because it takes a lot of effort to make such beautiful masterpieces.
Ah! the typical Bengali saree, which we commonly see almost everywhere. The typical red and white, depicting the bongs. It is traditionally known as Garad or Koiral saree. The saree has a papery finish to it.
4. Benarasi Saree
Benarasi silk sarees are very popular in Bengal, and are loved by everybody in Bengal. A typical bong bride always prefers to wear a gaudy Benarsi saree for her wedding. You can definitely opt this style for puja. If you're married and haven't worn your Benarasi saree in a long time, then this it; get them out of the closet.
5. Zamdani Sarees
The plain red and white Zamdani saree is pretty elegant and minimalistic. This saree is versatile in nature, because whether we drape it in a traditional Bengali style, or pleat them in a pallu style; either way itlooks good and elegant. For puja make it traditional, and for street style make it pleated.
So, by now you must have got a proper idea, of how to don those beautiful bengali sarees, this durga puja. We at Boldsky wish you a very happy Durga Puja.
Also, click to know more about The Fashionable Indian States.
- bollywood wardrobeJacqueline Fernandez Looks Elegant In Saree, As She Promotes Bachchan Pandey In Mumbai
- bollywood wardrobeAlia Bhatt Is Divine In Ivory Saree And Vintage Red Rose Look At Gangubai Kathiawadi Promotions
- womenLata Mangeshkar: A Look At The Legendary Singer’s Iconic Sarees
- bollywood wardrobeAlia Bhatt’s Saree Game Is Spot-On During The Gangubai Kathiawadi Promotions!
- womenBudget 2022: FM Nirmala Sitharaman's Elegant Bomkai Saree Defines Power In Red! Know About The Garment
- offer of the dayBenarasi, Kanjeevaram, Organza, Silk Sarees On Amazon: Avail Great Deals And Huge Discounts
- bollywood wardrobeTaapsee Pannu And Malavika Mohanan In Gorgeous Sarees That You Would Want To Wear, Too!
- bollywood wardrobeSara Ali Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, And Other Divas Make A Strong Case For Contemporary Sarees
- bollywood wardrobeYour Minimal Saree Goals Ft. Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari And Vidya Balan
- fashion trendsAmazon Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Huge Discounts On Fashion Products - Top 10 Picks
- bollywood wardrobeHaseen Dillruba: Taapsee Pannu’s Mustard-Yellow Saree Look Decoded From The Movie’s Poster
- bollywood wardrobeNeena Gupta Looks Elegant In Her Traditional Outfits; Which One Did You Like More?