- 46 min ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 1 hr ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- 14 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- News Citizenship bill patently unconstitutional, battleground to shift to SC, says Chidambaram
- Finance Gold On A Roll In 2019, More Returns Likely In 2020
- Sports Big Bout Indian Boxing League: Bombay Bullets climb to fourth with win over Bengaluru Brawlers
- Movies Shweta Basu Prasad Ends Marriage With Rohit Mittal; Thanks Him For 'Irreplaceable' Memories
- Technology Clash Of Clans Version 13 Update With Town Hall 13 Released For Android And iOS
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Met Gala 2020 is going to be even more awesome next year, as it would be the Met's 150th anniversary in 2020. Celebrated on May 7, the annual costume gala graced by celebrities typically has a theme. This year, the theme was Camp: Notes On Fashion, which was about a certain kind of sensibility that aimed at exaggeration and artifice. The next year's Met Gala theme is absolutely different and so, let's find out what Met Gala 2020 theme is about.
In his interview to the New York Times, Andrew Bolton, The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute curator said that fashion is indelibly connected to time. It reflects and represents the spirit of the times, but it also changes and develops with the times. The theme makes sense, as Bolton also revealed that there are a lot of fashion-time issues including designers hoping for more time to be creative, fashion's impact on environment, a focus on sustainability, and more.
Also, as per the New York Times report, the works of Virginia Woolf and the early 20th century French philosopher, Henri Bergson have played a major part in influencing the theme. Bolton also told about his plans of combining objective time (calendar years) with subjective time (moments of creativity). Now, that's a tough thing to crack and we hope the celebs are dressed in something more than a clock, calendar, or a time machine. The show would be chaired by Anna Wintour, Meryl Streep, Emma Stone, and Nicolas Ghesquière. Well, we are as excited as you are about Met Gala.