- 10 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Up To 50% Off On Protein Powders
- 11 hrs ago Remedial Measures In Astrology To Counter Different Problems In Life
- 14 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 October To 08 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 16 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 02 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Top javelin thrower Shivpal Singh handed 4-year ban for failing dope test
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- News 'Adipurush' teaser review: A visually-arresting clip backed by solid BGM
- Movies Adipurush Teaser Review: Prabhas Embodies Lord Rama Completely In The Animated Epic Battle Of Good And Evil
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Automobiles Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Chakradhara, a collection that threads the stripes of the tiger and its closeness with nature and sustainability while living the essence of Indian crafts and culture. This project spells out love for tigers that can have a wide and meaningful impact to uplift the consciousness and yet evolving mindset of our Indian audiences towards conservation of the species, nature and our forest lands.
Warp 'n Weft, a textile brand that weaves pure handloom Banarasi textiles with their unique handloom project 'Chakradhara', collaborates with WWF India to celebrate the Year of the Tiger and the conservation efforts to support the thriving population.
Shraman Jha, Director-Marketing, Communications and Fundraising WWF India, said, "It is a unique partnership bringing together the two national heritages of India- handlooms and tigers together. Five decades of dedicated efforts to conserve tigers in India has brought out some significant results, a thriving population of big cats, the highest among all tiger range countries. We thank Warp 'n Weft for conceptualising and weaving the banarasi handloom collection to celebrate the tiger."
On National Handloom Day, threading and working with the Banarasi Handloom under the vision and passionate enterprise of the Founder, Ms Sagrika Rai, for the upliftment and promotion of this artisanal craftsmanship and empowerment of weavers in the industry.
Emphasising the relevance of the project 'Chakradhara', Sagrika Rai, Founder & Creative Director, Warp 'n Weft, said, "It is a strong, impactful collaboration between two ethical institutions. We pledge to contribute a part of the sales proceeds to WWF India, contributing to nature and wildlife conservation. We hope this handwoven project will further bring the deserved boost to tiger conservation and spread the word far and wide".
Story of Chakradhara
A wildlife enthusiast, Ms Rai's husband, Dinkar Rai- took a picture of a tiger in Bandhavgarh National Reserve, which was used as the central basis for this project. Smitten by the beauty of the majestic Bengal Tiger, the team at Warp 'n Weft created a tiger face graphed, loomed, and engineered to precision. After many iterations got close to the original photograph with the ethnic style of nakshi kadhwa, a signature technique of Banarasi handloom weaving. The commitment to sustainability has remained paramount throughout this process, commissioning the grassroots master weavers from the historic handloom clusters of Varanasi with decades-long experience. The base texture of the fabric is a combination of natural yarns that harkens to the forest grasslands of India, 'Chakradhara', the lively meadows inside the Bandhavgarh National Reserve - taking inspiration from where the photo was taken.
- womenBudget 2022: FM Nirmala Sitharaman's Elegant Bomkai Saree Defines Power In Red! Know About The Garment
- decorThe Neyth Studio Encourages Sustainable Lifestyle Through Its Natural Fibre Weaves
- fashion trendsWorld Environment Day: What The Fashion Industry Has Done To The Environment!
- fashion trendsIndependence Day Special: Why Indigenous Fabrics And Textiles Need Promotion
- bollywood wardrobeGQ Best Dressed Awards 2022: Nora Fatehi, Esha Gupta, Pooja Hegde & Others Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- bollywood wardrobeAli Fazal And Richa Chadha Pick Ethnic Style For Their Cocktail Bash; See Pictures Here
- bollywood wardrobeSara Ali Khan’s Ethnic Kurta Sets Style Is What You Need For Indian Wear
- bollywood wardrobeRhea Chakraborty Looks Sizzling In Black Outfit! PICS
- bollywood wardrobeDurga Puja 2022: Alia Bhatt To Bipasha Basu, Durga Puja Outfits Guide From Bollywood Beauties
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- bollywood wardrobeLokmat Most Stylish Awards 2022: Ananya Panday, Abhishek Bachchan, Vidya Balan Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 8: Alia Bhatt To Kriti Sanon, Peacock Green Navratri Outfits Guide By Bollywood Divas