- 7 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 8 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 9 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 9 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Gaurang tells us that Calico is his homage to the printed, cotton fabric that's said to have originated from Calicut in the 11th century.
This is one collection which has really taken us ny surprise. In this fabulous collection, you will see sarees ina very different form. There are 12 saris and 28 gowns take precedence.
Each gown has three saris tailored together. Gaurang's weavers used 120 count fine khadi and the tree of life is woven using jamdani technique. According to the designer, he quotes, "One normally thinks of the hand-painted, kalamkari Tree of Life. We've used contemporary interpretations of the Tree of Life motifs."
Speaking about the stunning hues in this summer line, you will get to witness a palette from mild yellow and mint green to deeper hues. The saris and the gowns are bereft of embellishments, with the jamdani weave doing all the talking.
There's interplay of textures in the warp and weft.Keeping with the idea of Calico, the saris and gowns play to the vintage theme.
Gaurang refers to the 1920s in his use of motifs, colours and detailing with box prints. The 12 saris will be draped in royal styles of 12 states So, here is your chance to see Gaurang's Calico :
A Touch Of Mughal
From Mughal floral motifs to paithani designs, there's a combination of elements.
An Amazing Gown
The gowns follow the silhouettes of the Belle Epoch period. Using 28 to 30 metres of fabric for one gown meant using fine, light fabric and deft tailoring
It's Black & Gold Again
Gaurang shows us a gown with a khadi-jamdani blouse portion with a flowy gown made with kota silk.
Talk About Pleating
According to the designer, he says, "Gowns made to fit a 28-inch waist, 28 metres of fabric were used, one metre per inch. The tailors took a week to do the pleating."
It's A Saree & Gown
Gaurang is among the tribe of designers that's adamantly showcased saris and garments with hand-woven fabrics.
Colours That Define The Collection
Gaurang states, "Give people variety - in colours, motifs, techniques - why won't they embrace it".
Stole It Away
One normally thinks of the hand-painted, kalamkari Tree of Life. We've used contemporary interpretations of the Tree of Life motifs, says the designer.
Gaurang refers to the 1920s in his use of motifs, colours and detailing with box prints in this collection for the summer.
Pregnant Model Carol Gracias
Carol flaunted a beautiful green and pink saree on the ramp. The mama to be looked stunning and the glow on her face made this show unforgettable.