- 2 hrs ago Kerala's Athirappilly Forest Region Reports Outbreak Of Anthrax
- 2 hrs ago Covid-19 Vaccine Protects People Of All Sizes: Lancet Study
- 2 hrs ago Doctors' Day 2022: Facts About Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, On Whose Behalf India Celebrates National Doctors' Day
- 3 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Date, Time, Ghatasthapana Muhurat, Rituals, Vrat Rules And Significance
- Movies Gautham Vasudev Menon Narrates A Bilingual Script To Ram Pothineni, Movie To Go On Floors In 2023?
- News Eknath Shinde reprimands rebel MLAs over their dance at Goa hotel
- Finance Buy This Mid-Cap Banking Stock For 21% Potential Gain
- Automobiles Bajaj Two-Wheeler Sales - June 2022
- Sports India vs England 5th Test: Toss Report, Pitch Info, Playing 11 Update, Pre-match comments
- Education ICSI CSEET Admit Card 2022 Released For July Exam At icsi.edu, Download Here
- Technology Nothing Ear 1 Stick Earbuds Leaked Image Reveals Slimmer Case; Launch Expected Soon
- Travel Useful Travel Tips for Heart Patients
Mahashivratri is a Hindu festival celebrated to mark Lord Shiva's wedding to Goddess Parvati on this day. On Mahashivratri, devotees wear festive clothes and observe a fast. This is the day when the choice of colour is very important because you don't want to ruin your day wearing something that will not be fit for the festival. So, what can you wear? Is fusion wear in clothing allowed? Can we wear something that is comfortable and traditional at the same time? The list is endless and that is why you will find your answers below.
Colour For Mahashivratri
The colour of the outfit that you should wear on Mahashivratri is green because Lord Shiva gets pleased and showers you with his blessings. There is no restriction to only green, as you can also wear red, yellow, white and orange, whichever feels the best for you. However, skip wearing dark colours like black specifically because in Hindu Mythology the colour black was never preferred during the festival.
Lightweight Traditional Outfit Is Good For Mahashivratri
Comfortable traditional wear is easy and doesn't drain your energy when you are fasting. Usually, people go for heavy Kurti and leggings, lehenga, dhoti and kurta, suit and salwar, but oftentimes it looks good till the point you are getting ready. If you want something in light then you can opt for a light, breathable cotton suit in the colours green, orange, red or even yellow. If you want to go all glam then you can choose these light materials for the day and then choose something that is heavy for the Puja. This way you will get what you want and you will not feel tired.
Chiffon Saree Works Best On Mahashivratri
Chiffon sarees are lightweight, trendy and come in various colours that are good enough for Mahashivratri. You can even find pastel colours which are on-trend at the moment. You can style it with a gold belt to give your saree a modern look. But if you want to have a more traditional vibe then team it up with a designer blouse and a simple gold chain, a pair of earrings, a nose pin, rings and a mangtika.
Minimalism Is The Key On Mahashivratri
Since it is hot in some areas, wearing little makeup will not make your face cakey. It is advised that minimum goes a long way. If you are worshipping then little makeup is considered the best. Along with that, you don't have to wear only new clothes, washed cloth can also be great.
Mahashivratri is the day to celebrate with happiness. Wake up early, wear your favourite clothes and take lots of pictures. You can also choose cotton, organza, banarasi and muga depending on what fits you the best on this day. If you want to have a heavy look for this occasion you can also go for that. Do what feels the best on you since it is you who need to celebrate this occasion.
Image Credit: Instagram
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Lord Shiva And His 19 Avatars, Meaning And Significance
- festivalsMaha Shivratri 2022: Know About Rudrabhishek, Puja Vidhi And Ingredients Required
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: What Clothes To Wear And Not To Wear On This Auspicious Day
- recipesMahashivratri Vrat Recipes: How To Make Kheer From Amaranth/Rajgira/Ramdana Grains
- recipesMahashivratri Recipes: How To Make Sabudana Bhel
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Ashtottara Shatanamavali Or 108 Names of Lord Shiva
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: How To Worship Lord Shiva According To Your Zodiac Sign
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Benefits Of Offering Lord Shiva His Favourite 15 Flowers With Devotion
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Vrat Vidhi And Significance
- faith mysticismMaha Shivratri 2020: Know The Difference Between Jyotirlinga And Shivlinga
- insyncAmarnath Yatra 2022: Date, Registration, Helicopter Booking Cost, Medical Form, Age Limit - Everything To Know
- faith mysticismSawan Maas 2021: Significance Of This Month Among The Hindus