- 1 hr ago Sonal Chauhan Looks Gorgeous In Her Red Anarkali Set; Find Out The Price of Her Outfit
- 2 hrs ago Mouni Roy, Kriti Sanon, And Palak Tiwari Beckon Us To Add Fresh Stunning Black Pieces To Our Wardrobe
- 5 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 24 hrs ago International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Sports International Yoga Day 2021: India's leading esports athletes highlight significance of Yoga in their lives
- Technology BoAt Airdopes 281 Pro TWS Earbuds With ENx Technology Launched At Rs. 1,999; Features, Sale, And More
- Finance Sensex Ends 230 Pts. Higher, Nifty Below 15,750; PSU Banks Rally
- Movies Avika Gor Has THIS To Say About Rumours Of Having Secret Child With Manish Raisinghan
- News Will we need a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot? Is it necessary
- Education ICAI CA Admit Card 2021 July Session Released
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Waheeda Rehman has always left us mesmerised with her on-screen presence. Be it in Pyaasa, Guide, or even films as recent as Delhi 6, Waheeda Rehman is an epitome of elegance and grace. While she has worked in a lot of films, who can forget her look in the movie Chaudhvin Ka Chand. Her co-star in the movie was Guru Dutt (Aslam) and in the famous song of the movie, which goes by the same name, Waheeda Rehman was a vision to behold.
If you time travel, Waheeda Rehman's look in her movies such as Guide, Pyaasa, and Kala Bazaar might have been traditional but stood in stark contrast with Chaudhvin Ka Chand. In the song, Chaudhvin Ka Chand, Aslam (who is not as such interested in Jameela - Waheeda Rehman in the first half of the movie) is awestruck by her beauty. Dressed in a traditional bridal outfit, Waheeda Rehman must have inspired bridal trends in those days.
She looked resplendent in her elaborate outfit and since the movie is in black and white, we can't comment on the hues but the intricate detailing was quite evident on her ensemble. Her outfit was accentuated by heavy embellished border and the way, she holds her odhani and looks, it as if the moonshine is only reserved for her. Apart from her ensemble, her jewellery look was detailed too with meticulously-crafted neckpiece, stunning jhumkas, dainty maangtikka, and statement bangles. She also wore floral-inspired rings to up her look. As for her makeup, her eye makeup was lit up by dark (slightly winged) kohl, glossy lip shade, and pink cheekbones.
The costume designer of the movie was late costume designer, Bhanu Athaiya and in an interview to The Hindu, the costume designer revealed that she particularly admired Waheeda Rehman's ability to carry off costumes. She said, 'Some actors have the instinctive flair of fitting into a costume. She's one such person.' Bhanu Athaiya had worked in a lot of movies with veteran actress Waheeda Rehman. And we have decoded this look of hers because it might just give you Eid fashion inspiration and definitely bridal outfit and makeup goals.