- 4 hrs ago Erythritol: Health Benefits And Side Effects
- 4 hrs ago International Men's Day 2019: Things You Can Do To Make Your Man Feel Special
- 4 hrs ago This Winter Season, Keep Your Nail Game Strong With These Superb Trending Colours
- 6 hrs ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- News Vodafone Idea, Airtel to raise mobile service rates from December amid financial crunch
- Technology Redmi Note 8 With 3GB RAM To Be Launched Soon In India: Price And Availability
- Sports Hope X1 Racing League revives stagnant Indian motorsport scene: Karthikeyan
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh Joins The Cast Of John Abraham And Jacqueline Fernandez Starrer Attack
- Finance Should You Get An Insurance To Cover Possible Loss Of Car Keys?
- Automobiles Land Rover Off-Road Driving Experience: The "Above & Beyond Tour 2019’ Comes To Bangalore
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
The trailer of the upcoming movie, Saand Ki Aankh starring Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar is out and we already appreciated the teaser of the film. The film is based on the oldest sharpshooters Chandro and Prakashi Tomar. Judging by the teaser of the film, the actresses seemed to have nailed their characters and the Uttar Pradesh dialect. However, set in the dusty lanes and expansive farm lands, the trailer of the film offered us a glimpse of the de-glam fashion - the fashion of the Indian village.
Unlike the vibrant ensembles donned by the rural women of Rajasthani villages, these two old ladies from Johri village of Uttar Pradesh are shown in muted outfits. The stills from the film shows Taapsee and Bhumi dressed in characteristic earthy-hued ensembles. The makers of the film kept the archetypal alive with the breezy shirt and ghagra (long skirt) pairing. Also, the connect between costume and the character is highlighted through the long dupattas covering the head.
We noticed the typical checkered, plain, and sometimes even subtly-printed shirts in the stills. The shirts in the movie are mostly dipped in lighter hues but there are moments, when Taapsee and Bhumi are seen in dark-hued shirts. Probably the darker hues are used to signify the fierce and tense moments. However, if the shirts are shown light, the skirts and dupattas are splashed in rich and vivid hues such as rust red, brown, mustard yellow, etc. Far from the influence of urban fashion, there are a lot of trend ideas that could be picked up from Saand Ki Aankh.
Adding to that, there seemed to be so much of balance to their fashion sensibility in the movie. The jewellery used is minimal with delicate red bangles, tiny hoops, and nose ring/stud. The looks seemed makeup free, which again made a strong case for fuss-free fashion. With their outfits and styling, Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar showed us that liberal mindsets can be cloaked in conservative fashion. The movie would be releasing in October.