- 8 min ago Mouni Roy Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In Her Shimmering Black Saree; Her Makeup Game Is Strong Too!
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Kriti Sanon: The 3 Stunning Saree Looks Of The Mimi Actress
- 19 hrs ago Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- 19 hrs ago Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Sunglasses, Dresses, Trousers, Luggage, Shoes - Top 20 Products On Discount!
- Movies Raj Kundra Remanded To 14-Day Judicial Custody In Pornography-Related Case
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: NRAI to initiate assessment into India shooters' flop show in the Games
- News Karnataka crisis: BJP observers to visit Bengaluru, CM announcement likely by evening
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date Announced, To Be Conducted On October 3. Check Schedule
- Finance Vi Launches ‘Vi Hero Unlimited’ Plan: Check Benefits Here
- Automobiles Tata Safari 10,000 Units Production Crossed In 5 Months Of India Launch: New Milestone Achieved!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3, Galaxy Z Flip3 Design Is Out
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Rhea Chakraborty, who has been making the headlines ever since the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, had social media buzzing after she was spotted at the Narcotics Control Bureau in Mumbai. Fueled by regressive patriarchal terms against her such as 'witch-hunt' and 'gold digger' among others, the actress was seen in a t-shirt that talked about smashing the patriarchy. Soon after she was spotted by the paparazzi, a number of leading personalities from the Indian film fraternity including Anurag Kashyap, Farhan and Zoya Akhtar, Vidya Balan, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Dia Mirza, and Kubbra Sait among others posted the same t-shirt message with a black background on their respective Instagram feeds.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Sonam K Ahuja (@sonamkapoor) on
Rhea Chakraborty, who has been accused by a section of media over countless issues where they have aggressively tried to vilify her, wore a black-hued t-shirt to give out a strong message that read, "Roses are red, violets are blue, let's smash the patriarchy, me and you." The slogan on her t-shirt, which addresses an important issue- patriarchy instantly made netizens empathise with her, many of whom started the trend with the hashtag, "#JusticeforRhea".
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Varinder Chawla (@varindertchawla) on
She wore a long jacket, with her t-shirt that had a graphic pattern on the back, which supported the message on her t-shirt, which has been trending on social media. For her treatment by a section of netizens and media trials have been so condescending and wrong, this t-shirt of Rhea Chakraborty symbolised a stand against the aggression that she has to face being a woman in the patriarchal world.