- 7 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 9 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 10 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 12 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- Sports Wimbledon 2022: Nadal survives injury and Fritz scare to enter semifinals as he keeps career slam hopes alive
- Movies Ariyippu Becomes First Malayalam Film To Get Selected In The Competition Section Of Locarno Film Festival
- News Raids on Vivo: China hopes for a 'fair' probe in accordance with law
- Finance Silver Rate Drops Sharply By Rs. 200, Check Rates In Major Cities Here
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ25 Vs TVS Ronin - Specs Comparison
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Taal was a blockbuster hit film and the movie is about the transformation of a village girl into a larger-than-life glamorous diva. Her outfits in the movie were eclectic and ahead of its time. Neeta Lulla, who has been sharing about her experience as a costume designer for films including Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Darr, recently opened up about Aishwarya Rai's costumes in Taal on her Instagram.
The veteran designer shared about three outfits from the movie. About the famous all-white outfit, Neeta Lulla revealed, "Subhashji (Subhash Ghai) as a director has a knack to bring out the rawness of his characters from small towns or villages and then transforming them into larger than life characters. He was very particular that the essence of @aishwaryaraibachchan_arb (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan) as a girl from Chamba must come through with her ensembles." She also added that the director (Subhash Ghai) needed the outfits to be very sensuous yet innocent and simple in cotton. So, for the song, Ramta Jogi, Neeta Lulla crafted the outfit for the song in ivory satin. She made a sarong skirt that looked like a lungi-drape with a bustier and a shirt worn over the dress. While the attire was settled, it was the jewellery that became a cumbersome task.
"It was made in a day but the accessories here were the difficult aspect we needed Payal's that were different which were absolutely not available so after a lot of search I decided to buy a necklace in silver with rope strands and convert them into Payals.. sometimes necessity becomes the mother of innovativeness specially when we have time constraints on film projects."
This was rather an interesting output by Neeta Lulla and for those of you who want to make a DIY payal, you can take your lessons from this experience of the costume designer. The second outfit, which she described - the lavender gown, is also fascinating. Neeta Lulla shared how the gown inspired the director to tweak the choreography. "On the day of the shoot when ash (Aishwarya Rai) came on the set in the lavender gown everyone was amused as she swayed the alley passing Subhashji he looked at her and the back of the outfit and started the sequence with her back, this was not part of the initial choreography of the song.."
She also talked about her another popular ensemble from the movie - the azure green outfit. The designer said, "The azure green outfit was one of the grandest outfits of the movie!". Subhash Ghai, as Neeta Lulla revealed wanted to keep the Indian essence alive but wanted contemporary yet magnanimous look, where the colour needed to be dark. The director wanted an ensemble which fits with the lighting and mood of the song. His (the director's) choice was black but the costume designer had azure green in mind, which the director agreed to.
Going with the azure green outfit, the costume designer explained, "The fabric used was an amalgamation of velvet, organza, georgette, and permanent pleating. The embroidery was inspired from Edwardian motifs and the border from fish net. The edges of the outfit embellished with 6'' cutwork mesh handcrafted in bugle beads in gunmetal colour and every intersection had crystals on it and the rest of the lehenga embroidered with sequins crystals and bugle beads."
Also, Neeta Lulla gave us a cool idea with her look. She revealed that instead of using a maangtikka, she played with a glittered centre parting as a statement. So, those of you, who don't have maangtikka and are in a hurry to rush to your friend's wedding, a glittered centre-parting is what you can do instead of putting a maangtikka.
So, didn't you find it so interesting how Aishwarya Rai's costumes were created in Taal? Let us know that.
Image Courtesy: Mukta Arts
- bollywood wardrobeAishwarya Rai Bachchan Steals The Show At A Runway Event, Even If In Underwhelming Outfits
- fashion trendsBrother Makes Michael Cinco-Inspired Blue Fairytale Gown For Sister And It Is So Spectacular!
- bollywood wardrobeAishwarya Rai Bachchan Birthday: Abhishek Bachchan Shares Fashion-Perfect Moment With Wifey
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: 5 Times The Diva Showed How To Slay In Red Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeAe Dil Hai Mushkil: On The Movie’s 4 Years, Anushka Sharma’s Channa Mereya Bridal Look Decoded
- bollywood wardrobeNeeta Lulla Shares The Backstory Of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Lehengas Created For Jodhaa Akbar
- bollywood wardrobeAishwarya Rai Bachchan's Latest Lookalike On Tik Tok Pretty Much Dresses Like Her As Well!
- bollywood wardrobeAishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Finest Traditional Moments Decoded Since The Beginning Of Her Career
- bollywood wardrobeEid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- women fashionAishwarya Rai Bachchan At Cannes Film Festival: Best Beauty Moments Of The Actress
- fashion trendsAre You 18-25 Years Old? Here Are Top 30 Summer Dresses For You That You Won’t Find Anywhere
- bollywood wardrobeCannes: Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan And Others Who Flaunted Gorgeous Sarees