- News NSA Ajit Doval reaches north-east Delhi, to take stock of situation
- Movies Pictures: Niveditha Gowda And Chandan Shetty Dazzle At Their Wedding Reception!
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Chennaiyin FC vs NorthEast United FC: Chennaiyin to face Goa after NorthEast draw
- Finance GOI Savings Taxable Bonds: An Alternative To Fixed Deposits
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones For Rs. 799
- Automobiles New 2020 Honda Dio BS6 Launched In Bangalore: Prices Start At Rs 64,584
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
All your bags are packed, you're ready to go... The driver's waiting, he's blowing the horn... You're leaving on a jet plane!
Flight travel is fast, fun and safe but deciding how to dress can become quite the ordeal. Whether you're a first timer or a frequent flyer, we're all a little confused as to what to wear to the airport.
Let these style icons guide you in looking your travel best with these few pointers.
1. Purpose of Travel: Dress according to the occasion or the nature of work. If you're going on a summer vacation you can wear a light floral dress with a matching cardigan, gladiator sandals and a hat. If you're visiting family or friends feel free to wear trousers and a top or a kurti, heels can add to the charm, accessorise well with bracelets and scarves. Finally, if you're travelling for reasons related to business or any other formality always travel in pressed skirts, shirts, tops, sweaters, trousers, or dresses. A neutral over coat will complete the look if you feel it necessary to wear one.
Priyanka Chopra is killing it in denims and a white tee. She has chosen a black weekender bag and dark sunglasses. Smart move, Priyanka!
2. Simplicity: Any mode of transport gets uncomfortable eventually, even if you're flying first class. Dress wisely as you'll be sitting passively in your seat most of the time and you need to keep in mind these tips. Avoid very tight clothing as it may seem suffocating as time passes, let you skin breathe as you travel. The accessories you choose should accommodate the same, you ought not wear jewellery that causes any form of discomfort to you or your neighbour. Go for comfortable footwear that allows your toes to move around a bit and finally, do not over do perfume as an aircraft is a closed space.
A good casual look for travel is soft jeans, an airy tee shirt, a cardigan, a tote bag and sandals. For a formal appeal, try to choose well-fitted clothes over body hugging skirts or jackets. Try Deepika's look the next time you get dressed to fly! She's in a metallic finish sweater over distressed jeans, a chic cross-body bag and canvas shoes. The leggy actress sure knows how to fly in style.
3. Weather/Climate: This is a very important factor when dressing for the airport. True, the pressure and temperature inside an aircraft is controlled artificially but you need to keep in mind the weather and climate of your destination ahead of time when picking clothes. The four seasons give us enough space for fashion ideas and looks. Spring time looks are all about colour and texture, summers let us dress the lightest, fall brings some scarves and sweaters and winters let us tread in boots, thermals, long coats and sweater dresses.
Another factor is the rain; check the weather report of the place you're headed to and carry a trench coat or an umbrella if needed. Wear a shirt and denim combination with boots, carry a jacket or sweater to beat the chill.
Kareena Kapoor shows us how to pull off a jacket look with a green jacket over dark wash jeans and a black tee shirt. Diva on point!
4. Duration of the Flight: The time you'll take to reach your destination should define your airport style. The longer you fly for the more important comfort becomes. A one hour flight gives you some elbow room to dress creatively but if you're flying for more than three hours, stick to ease and efficiency. Sandals, soft cotton and fewer accessories give a more serene flight experience and keep you cool and fresh even after you land.
Deepika Padukone, you sure know how to grab eyeballs when you head to the airport, girl. Get this look with blue jeans, a plain white tee, tall boots and a floppy hat. Glasses will top off the outfit and let you fly in style.
Hope these points gave you some creative ideas to dress for your next flight trip! Bon Voyage!