- 36 min ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 1 hr ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- 14 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- News Woman's headless body found in suitcase in Thane
- Sports Big Bout Indian Boxing League: Bombay Bullets climb to fourth with win over Bengaluru Brawlers
- Movies Shweta Basu Prasad Ends Marriage With Rohit Mittal; Thanks Him For 'Irreplaceable' Memories
- Finance Rupee Opens At One-Month High Of 70.96/Dollar
- Technology Clash Of Clans Version 13 Update With Town Hall 13 Released For Android And iOS
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Carrot poriyal recipe is a south Indian cuisine. It is also known as carrot palya recipe in Karnataka. It is a simple and healthy curry. Carrot is the main ingredient in this recipe. It's one of the easiest Indian recipes mostly prepared in five southern states of India: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.
Carrots are nutritious and are rich in vitamin A, minerals and anti-oxidants. They have natural sugar and that makes them good for diabetics too. In carrot poriyal recipe, nutritious foods such as moong daal, urad daal and coconut can be included. Pulses (daal) are rich in proteins and are best for those who are vegetarians. This recipe will serve all the nutritional needs of your body. It is a complete diet.
Recipe of carrot poriyal:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
All you need
Moong Dal -1 tablespoon
Carrot - 3-4 pieces
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped/ grated)
Urad Dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Dry Red Chilli - 2 pieces
Curry Leaves - 6-7 pieces
Turmeric Powder - ½ teaspoon
Grated Fresh Coconut - 4 tablespoons
Green Chilli - 2, chopped
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee or 1 teaspoon oil
Salt for taste
1. Peel the skin of carrots and chop them into small pieces.
2. Soak the moong daal for some time until it gets soft and then drain the excess water.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over low flame. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, dry red chili, curry leaves, and urad dal. Sauté until it turns light brown.
4. Add chopped onion, green chillies and fry for a minute.
5. Add drained moong dal, turmeric powder and finely chopped carrot and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add ½ cup of water and salt to taste.
7. Cook over low flame until carrot turns soft and cover it with a lid.
8. Add more water if required and stir it occasionally.
9. Garnish with grated fresh coconut.
10. Now, carrot poriyal is ready to serve. Enjoy carrot poriyal recipe with chapati or phulka as a healthy meal.
11. You can also add some other vegetable along with carrot. You can include broccoli, cabbage, beans, brussels sprouts, parsnip and turnip.