- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Finance Budget 2020: LTCG Tax On Equity Unlikely To Be Withdrawn
- Movies Love Aaj Kal Song Haan Main Galat: Kartik Aaryan And Sara Ali Khan's Party Track Has A 'Twist'
- Technology Apple Might Launch Its Online Store In H2 2020: Report
- News Banned by 3 airlines, Comedian Kunal Kamra claims he approached Arnab Goswami on flight again
- Sports Looking forward to work hard for country, says badminton star Saina Nehwal after joining BJP
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Mooli or radish is an extremely nutritious vegetable. Many of us are not aware that apart from the radish, its leaves, which we usually discard, is also a very nutritious part. Mooli ka saag helps in keeping cholesterol in check. It reduces blood pressure and is excellent for your liver. Therefore, you must make it a point to include mooli ka saag in your everyday diet.
At this time of the season, mooli is available in abundance. Fresh radishes and their greens can be made into a number of recipes. But today, we have a special vegetarian recipe from Punjab. It is tasty and nutritious at the same time. Most people do not like the bitter taste of radishes and hence, they tend to avoid the vegetable. In this recipe, we will take off this bitter taste and make it suitable for your taste buds through a simple remedy.
Check out the recipe for mooli ka saag and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
All you need
- Mooli/radish- 3-4 (with leaves, finely chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Jeera seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Hing (asafoetida)- a pinch
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Amchoor (dry mango) powder- 1tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
1. Cut the radish and the leaves very finely and mix them together in a bowl.
2. Add half a teaspoon of salt to the bowl and mix the radish and the leaves together with your hand. Mix for a few minutes till the water comes out of the radish. This will take away the bitter taste of radish.
3. Keep this bowl aside for about 20 minutes. After that, drain the water from the radish and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, jeera seeds and hing to it.
5. Then, add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Saute for a minute.
6. Then add the radish and leaves mixture to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
7. Add half a cup of water and allow it to simmer.
8. Mix well, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
9. After that, open the lid and add very little salt. Then, add sugar and amchoor powder. Mix it well.
10. Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Mooli ka saag is ready to be served. Enjoy this special vegetarian recipe with parathas or as a side dish with dal and rice.
Mooli ka saag is a highly nutritious recipe. It keeps the blood pressure in check, is good for the liver and helps in reducing congestion. It is also a good recipe for weight watchers.
You can also add chopped potato pieces to the saag to make it more tasty.e