- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 13 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 13 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 14 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- Movies Priyank Sharma And Hina Khan's Raanjhana Will Surely Melt Your Heart; Song Is Already Trending
- News Ayodhya review plea rejected: With a curative petition remaining, it is not the end of litigation
- Technology Xbox Series X — Next Gen Gaming Console From Microsoft With Ray Tracing
- Sports Sanchez: Monterrey's biggest opponents are ourselves against Al Sadd
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Drumstick leaves or murungai is a famous South India treat. Since drumstick season is round the corner it is a must try recipe. Usually people only opt for the vegetable not realising how nutritious and healthy the leaves are. Health experts state that murungai keerai is good for diabetics.
The bitter essence present in the leaves will help to keep the sugar level on a normal range. On the other hand, this simple drumstick keerai recipe is good for pregnant women. The vitamins and proteins which is present in the leaves adds to proper blood circulation in the body.
To prepare this healthy seasonal vegetable, take a look at the drumstick keerai recipe Boldsky shares with you.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
You will need
- Drumstick leaves - 3 bunches
- Onion - 2 (chopped)
- Garlic - 3 -4
- Egg - 1
- Red Chilli- 3-4
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Chana Dal - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 2 tbsp (grated)
- Salt To taste
- Wash the drumsticks leaves well under running water. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Add the clean and fresh drumstick leaves to a round vessel. Sprinkle a little water (optional). Add salt to taste. Cover the vessel with a lid and allow it to cook on a low flame for 15 minutes.
- Add oil to a pan. When its hot add the chopped onions, garlic, dry red chilli, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal.
- Fry these ingredients well on a medium flame until the onions turn pink.
- Add an egg to the pan and scramble fry it with the other ingredients in the pan.
- Add the drumstick leaves to the pan and give it a good stir.
- Allow it to cook over a medium flame.
- Sprinkle the grated coconut and switch the flame off.
Drumstick greens is healthy for diabetics. It is also essential for those who are on a weight loss program.
Don't add too much of water while cooking the drumstick leaves.