- 6 hrs ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 23 hrs ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 24 hrs ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 1 day ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- Sports Sindhu chases elusive gold at Basel World Championships
- News Bhutan's Leader of Opposition meets Modi
- Movies Happy Birthday Gulzar Sahab: These Songs Penned By Him Are PURE GEM!
- Technology Office vs Office 365: Key differences you should know
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Drumstick leaves or murungai is a famous South India treat. Since drumstick season is round the corner it is a must try recipe. Usually people only opt for the vegetable not realising how nutritious and healthy the leaves are. Health experts state that murungai keerai is good for diabetics.
The bitter essence present in the leaves will help to keep the sugar level on a normal range. On the other hand, this simple drumstick keerai recipe is good for pregnant women. The vitamins and proteins which is present in the leaves adds to proper blood circulation in the body.
To prepare this healthy seasonal vegetable, take a look at the drumstick keerai recipe Boldsky shares with you.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
You will need
- Drumstick leaves - 3 bunches
- Onion - 2 (chopped)
- Garlic - 3 -4
- Egg - 1
- Red Chilli- 3-4
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Chana Dal - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 2 tbsp (grated)
- Salt To taste
- Wash the drumsticks leaves well under running water. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Add the clean and fresh drumstick leaves to a round vessel. Sprinkle a little water (optional). Add salt to taste. Cover the vessel with a lid and allow it to cook on a low flame for 15 minutes.
- Add oil to a pan. When its hot add the chopped onions, garlic, dry red chilli, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal.
- Fry these ingredients well on a medium flame until the onions turn pink.
- Add an egg to the pan and scramble fry it with the other ingredients in the pan.
- Add the drumstick leaves to the pan and give it a good stir.
- Allow it to cook over a medium flame.
- Sprinkle the grated coconut and switch the flame off.
Drumstick greens is healthy for diabetics. It is also essential for those who are on a weight loss program.
Don't add too much of water while cooking the drumstick leaves.