- 4 hrs ago #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- 4 hrs ago Amitabh Bachchan Shares An Interesting Detail About His Blue Knotted Shirt On His Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Waking Up Just An Hour Earlier Linked To Lower Risk Of Depression, Says Study
- 5 hrs ago Venus Transit In Cancer 2021: Effects On Different Zodiac Signs
- Movies Pandya Store’s Shiny Doshi Announces Her Engagement With Beau Lavesh Khairajani On Social Media, Shares Video
- Technology Samsung Networks Redefined Event Key Highlights
- News Covid-19 jab: From inflammatory rashes to scaly patches, skin complications to watch out post-vaccination
- Sports Barcelona confirm injured Dembele requires knee surgery
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
This afternoon prepare a yummy spicy treat for your loved ones. Boldsky shares with you a delicious mouth watering rice recipe - potato rice.
It is less time consuming and in order to prepare this delectable treat you need to have a lot of spices too. The best thing about this recipe is the main ingredient - aloo or potato.
There are a lot of people who love this vegetable. It is also highly nutritious in nature and though it has a lot of calories, once in a way it is a fun treat to enjoy.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at this yummy and mouth watering rice recipe - spicy potato rice.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All You Need
- Potato - 2 (chopped)
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chilli - 1 (sliced)
- Rice - 1 cup
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Salt To Taste
- Spices - cardamom, cinnamon, clove ( 3nos, each)
- Red Chilli - 1tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Coriander Leaves - chopped (for garnish)
- In a cooker, heat a little oil. When the oil is hot add in the chopped onions. Fry till golden brown.
- Now add in the ginger garlic paste and stir.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and fry.
- Now add to the pan, the green chilli and the spices. Fry them well for at least 10 minutes.
- Add in the potato and the red chilli to the cooker. Fry them on low heat.
- Now add in the rice, water and give a final stir along with the salt.
- Close the pressure cooker and allow it to cook for four whistles.
- When done,switch the flame and add coriander leaves.
Potatoes are high in calories and should be consumed only once in a week.
Do not pressure cook the rice for more than 4 whistles.