- 4 hrs ago #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- 4 hrs ago Amitabh Bachchan Shares An Interesting Detail About His Blue Knotted Shirt On His Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Waking Up Just An Hour Earlier Linked To Lower Risk Of Depression, Says Study
- 5 hrs ago Venus Transit In Cancer 2021: Effects On Different Zodiac Signs
- Sports Chinese swimmer Sun Yang banned again, misses Tokyo Olympics
- News Sitharaman meets Infosys officials, reviews tech glitches on new I-T e-filing portal
- Movies Pandya Store’s Shiny Doshi Announces Her Engagement With Beau Lavesh Khairajani On Social Media, Shares Video
- Technology Samsung Networks Redefined Event Key Highlights
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
This afternoon Boldsky introduces you to a dish so yummy which will make you drool by just the sound of it - paneer biryani. If you are a vegetarian and in the mood to make a spicy dish today then this is surely a treat for your tummy. To prepare this paneer rice recipe you will need cottage cheese and other Indian spices too.
While preparing this yummy paneer biryani recipe you should keep in mind to cut the cheese well and in the same size. Cutting them in cubes is better than sliced. On the other hand, this spicy paneer recipe should be consumed hot. Prepare your favourite salad too and enjoy this delightful treat.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at how you can prepare this delectable paneer biryani.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
You Will Need
- Paneer - 300 gms
- Rice - 500 gms
- Peas - 1 cup (boiled)
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Curd - 2 cups
- Green Chillies - 4 (sliced)
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cardamom Powder - 2 tsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Black Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Peppercorn - 3
- Lemon - 1 (juice)
- Saffron - ½ tsp
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves - few (chopped)
- Mint Leaves - few (chopped)
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Salt To Taste
- Begin by washing and boiling the rice. When done, keep aside. ( add salt, bay leaf, black cardamom, cloves and peppercorns) Allow it to cook over a low flame. Stir for about 15 minutes while it is cooking.
- Now combine the curd, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and lemon juice in a bowl.
- To this bowl add the paneer pieces and give it a good stir. Keep it aside.
- Now mix the saffron in the milk and keep it aside.
- Check the rice to see if it is boiled and strain out the water.
- In a pan add ghee and when hot add green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
- Saute for few seconds and then add the paneer pieces.
- Allow the ingredients to cook till you see it turning brown in colour.
- Now in a wide pan, take a layer of boiled rice and also add cooked paneer to the pan. Add in the boiled peas, garam masala powder, cardamom powder, saffron with the milk, coriander leaves, mint leaves and a little more ghee.
- After doing each layer, cover the pan with the tight lid and leave to cook for about 10 minutes on medium high flame.
Since this dish contain a whole lot of vegetables it is good for one's health. These veggies added to the biryani help to boost immunity levels.
Make sure you boil the white rice before you add it to the paneer masala. Don't boil the rice and the masala together.