- 4 hrs ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 22 hrs ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 23 hrs ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 24 hrs ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Preview: Tamil Thalaivas, Puneri Paltan look to get back among wins
- News ‘Don’t abuse our PM’: Shazia Ilmi confronts ‘Azadi’ protesters with Pak flags in Seoul
- Movies Happy Birthday Gulzar Sahab: These Songs Penned By Him Are PURE GEM!
- Technology Office vs Office 365: Key differences you should know
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Post pregnancy the body feels tired and weary. It is important for women to consume healthy food and most of all it is essential to opt for foods which will increase breast milk. Today, there are a lot of women who face the problem of less breast milk after pregnancy. Though doctors suggest medical remedies, it is much safer to go in for natural cures.
Rusks, wheat bread, milk are some of the home remedies to help increase breast milk post delivery. Since milk is an important ingredient for women to consume , here is a simple rice recipe one can prepare to increase breast milk. This milk rice recipe is also known as kiri bath and it is not that appetising.
However, you can enhance the insipid taste with a few spices like pepper and cinnamon. Adding a teaspoon of sugar too will be helpful. Take a look at this yummy milk rice recipe for women post pregnancy.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
All You Need
- Rice - 500 gms
- Milk - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper Corns - 4-5
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Wash the rice well. Add a little warm water to the rice and store it aside.
- In a round pot, add water and salt and allow it to boil over a low flame.
- Now add the rice and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes until it feels soft and plump. Also make sure the water is completely absorbed.
- Pour the milk in slowly and use a spoon to stir it into the rice. (lower the flame to the minimum so that the texture comes out right)
- Let the rice and milk for ten minutes.
- Add in the pepper corns and sugar. Mix well.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Let it cool for about five minutes before serving.
Milk rice is the best to consume post delivery. It increases breast milk and also helps you to lose weight post pregnancy.
You can also cook the rice in a rice cooker. When it's finished cooking, transfer it to a pot before adding the milk.