- 7 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 9 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 9 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Day 57 Written Update – Chandana Is The New Caption Of The House
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Women, in general, are slight deficient in iron. But when it comes to Indian women, almost 50 percent of them are anaemic. Anaemia is a form of iron deficiency that is actually an epidemic among Indian women.
That is why, iron-rich recipes are very essential for women. Iron-rich recipes specifically include healthy foods such as red meat, green vegetables, legumes and herbs.
Methi or fenugreek is a good source of iron. That is why fenugreek, both its seeds and leaves, are considered medicinal for curing anemia.
In fact, even if you follow standard medicine, patients with low hemoglobin count are usually put on a diet of fenugreek and other vegetables such as spinach and lettuce.
So, today, we have a simple and nutritious rice recipe for you to try. This iron rich tomato methi pulao is laden with nutrients as it combines all the best nutritious elements such as fenugreek, brown rice and tomatoes.
This recipe gets ready in minutes and is a perfect dish for the working people who have no time for lengthy recipes.
Take a look at this recipe of tomato methi pulao and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
All you need
- Tomatoes- 3 (chopped)
- Methi (fenugreek leaves)- 3 cups (chopped)
- Brown rice- 3 cups (cooked)
- Onion paste- 1/4 cup
- Garlic paste- 2tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Jeera (cumin) powder- 1tsp
- Dhaniya (coriander) powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Jeera seeds- 1tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cinnamon- 1 stick
- Cloves- 2-3
- Green cardamoms- 2
- Oil- 2tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and add jeera seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, green cardamoms, cloves and saute for a minute.
2. Add green chillies, onion paste, garlic paste and saute for 4-5 minutes.
3. Then, add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder, dhaniya powder and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
4. Now, add the methi leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add salt and mix well. Allow the methi leaves to cook properly.
6. Then add the cooked brown rice and mix gently. Check the seasoning and adjust it accordingly.
7. Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Tasty and healthy iron rich tomato methi pulao is ready to be served. Serve this healthy meal with curd or curry of your choice.
The methi leaves are laden with iron. When cooked with the vitamin C enriched tomatoes, this recipe becomes all the more healthy. It is perfect recipe for weight watchers, diabetics and people with high cholesterol.
To soften the rice grains a little and to reduce the cooking time, brown rice should be soaked prior to cooking. Soak the rice for an hour or two. Drain the water and use as required.