- News Delhi violence: Senior Cong leaders to march to Rashtrapati Bhavan to seek normalcy
- Movies Sidharth Shukla & Shehnaz Gill Rehearse For Awards Show; #SidNaazBrokeInternet Trends On Twitter
- Technology Oppo Find X2 Video Teaser Confirms 3K Display With 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Sports The Undertaker to return at WWE Super Showdown 2020?
- Automobiles Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- Finance Sanofi India Shares Hit All-Time High After Announcing Rs 349 Dividend Per Share
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
The summers are torrid in India and the only way to help cool ourselves is with the right type of food. Drinking a lot of water too helps in cooling the body and waving off the temperature. This afternoon we present to you a simple curd rice recipe you can prepare in 10 to 15 minutes.
However, the only difference in this rice recipe is its spiciness. The additional spice which is added to the curd rice will make you sweat and tear up. If you can take this amount of spice, this delicious curd rice recipe will be throughly enjoyed.
To give it that sweet taste, add a handful of fruits to the rice when it is done. You can also add a cup of milk to the curd rice to help thicken and enhance the taste of the curd rice. Take a look at this yummy spicy curd rice recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
All You Need
- Curd - 200 ml
- Rice - 1 cup ( boiled)
- Green Chilli - 2 (chopped)
- Red Chilli ( dry) - 2
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 ( chopped)
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 4 -5
- Salt to taste
- Water - ½ cup
- Fruits ( optional) - 1 tbsp ( pomegranate)
- Coriander Leaves - 1 sprig (chopped)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. When hot add mustard seeds, jeera seeds and the dry red chilli. Stir fry these ingredients well over a low flame.
- Now add chopped onion, curry leaves and green chilli. Continue to fry the ingredients.
- Add the turmeric powder and a little water in the pan. When the water comes to a boil and slowly evaporates, drop in the curd.
- On a now medium flame, allow the curd to slowly come to a boil.
- Add the salt to taste and more water if the curd looks too thick.
- Gently add the boiled rice to the pan and give it a good stir.
- Garnish with fruits and chopped coriander leaves.
It is good to consume curd in the summer season. This pro-biotic food helps to reduce body heat. Curd rice is also beneficial to keep the body hydrated in summer.
When the curd is added to the pan, make sure you reduce the flame to a low temperature.