- 3 hrs ago Does Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman’s Sex Drive?
- 20 hrs ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 21 hrs ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 22 hrs ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- Sports Warm-up game, West Indies A vs India: Pujara 100 and Rohit 68 take visitors to 297/5 on Day 1
- News Yediyurappa says CBI to probe into alleged phone tapping scandal
- Movies Mission Mangal vs Batla House THIRD DAY Box Office Collections
- Technology Office vs Office 365: Key differences you should know
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The summers are torrid in India and the only way to help cool ourselves is with the right type of food. Drinking a lot of water too helps in cooling the body and waving off the temperature. This afternoon we present to you a simple curd rice recipe you can prepare in 10 to 15 minutes.
However, the only difference in this rice recipe is its spiciness. The additional spice which is added to the curd rice will make you sweat and tear up. If you can take this amount of spice, this delicious curd rice recipe will be throughly enjoyed.
To give it that sweet taste, add a handful of fruits to the rice when it is done. You can also add a cup of milk to the curd rice to help thicken and enhance the taste of the curd rice. Take a look at this yummy spicy curd rice recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
All You Need
- Curd - 200 ml
- Rice - 1 cup ( boiled)
- Green Chilli - 2 (chopped)
- Red Chilli ( dry) - 2
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 ( chopped)
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 4 -5
- Salt to taste
- Water - ½ cup
- Fruits ( optional) - 1 tbsp ( pomegranate)
- Coriander Leaves - 1 sprig (chopped)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. When hot add mustard seeds, jeera seeds and the dry red chilli. Stir fry these ingredients well over a low flame.
- Now add chopped onion, curry leaves and green chilli. Continue to fry the ingredients.
- Add the turmeric powder and a little water in the pan. When the water comes to a boil and slowly evaporates, drop in the curd.
- On a now medium flame, allow the curd to slowly come to a boil.
- Add the salt to taste and more water if the curd looks too thick.
- Gently add the boiled rice to the pan and give it a good stir.
- Garnish with fruits and chopped coriander leaves.
It is good to consume curd in the summer season. This pro-biotic food helps to reduce body heat. Curd rice is also beneficial to keep the body hydrated in summer.
When the curd is added to the pan, make sure you reduce the flame to a low temperature.