- 5 hrs ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 23 hrs ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 24 hrs ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 1 day ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- News Bhutan's Leader of Opposition meets Modi
- Sports NADA to start testing players during Duleep games, BCCI want only doctors as DCOs
- Movies Happy Birthday Gulzar Sahab: These Songs Penned By Him Are PURE GEM!
- Technology Office vs Office 365: Key differences you should know
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Raw mango is in season. The king of fruits can be enjoyed in many forms such as pickles, salads, curries and pulavs. This afternoon, we love to share with you a simple raw mango rice recipe you can prepare in just about 18 minutes or so.
This mango rice recipe is tangy and a little sour to taste. Not many enjoy this delicious treat, but once in a way it is nice to have something tangy on our plate. In most homes, this raw mango rice is considered to be an exotic dish since mango is a seasonal fruit.
To prepare this simple green mango rice recipe, take a look at our recipe. Keep in mind that you should not use too much of raw mango as it sour to taste and one might end up with a soar throat.
Serves : 3
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
All You Need
- Rice - 1 ½ cup (boiled or pressure cooked)
- Raw Mango - 1 ( grated)
- Ground Nuts - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - handful
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli - 2 nos
- Water - ½ cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - chopped
- Add oil to a round vessel. When hot add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, dry chilli and temper it well over a low flame.
- Add the ground nuts to the vessel and fry it with the ingredients on a medium flame.
- Now add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, salt and fry well.
- When the ingredients are slightly cooked, add the grated mango slices to the vessel. Fry these ingredients well over a low flame and add two tablespoon of water.
- After 7 minutes, stir the ingredients and add the cooked white rice to the vessel. Mix the rice well with the ingredients and cover with a lid.
- When done, sprinkle the lemon juice over the rice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Here are 14 health benefits of raw mango. Take a look at how beneficial the king of fruits actually is.
You can also grind the ingredients to paste or powder and then add it to the cooked rice.