- News Citizenship Amendment Act protests: Agitation intensifies in Bengal, internet suspended
- Movies Salman Khan Reveals ‘Dabangg 4’ Has Already Fallen In Place
- Technology How To Access The New Windows 10 File Explorer
- Sports Doncic expected to miss Bucks clash with ankle sprain
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Diabetics have only a minimum dishes to enjoy and one of them is this yummy barley paratha. For those of you who love parathas and suffering from diabetes, then this is a perfect breakfast recipe to try out.
At first thought many would refuse to prepare this paratha recipe as it contains barley flour. However, this flour is actually good in controlling blood sugar. It is also one option which can change a diabetic's life. To prepare this yummy barley paratha recipe, you will need to use virgin olive oil and not vegetable oil.
Take a look at how you can prepare this delicious barley paratha recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
You Will Need
- Barley flour - ¾ cup
- Wheat flour - 3 tbsp
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger chili paste - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- You begin by making the chopped onions into a coarse puree with the help of a mixer.
- Now make the dough by mixing all the above ingredients - wheat flour, barley flour, garlic paste, ginger chili paste. Add water to the ingredients and a 1/2 tsp of the olive oil.
- Roll the dough into small balls and then make your paratha.
- Heat a tava. When it is hot, smear a little oil over the tava and place the flattened paratha.
- Cook the yummy barley paratha and when it turns brown in colour, remove and serve.
The fibre in barley can help improve digestion and also reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Do not apply a lot of on the parathas while frying as it will taste a little weird.