- 9 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 10 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 10 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 11 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Toor Dal Sabji With Palak
Indian meal is hardly complete without a bowl of dal. All the delicacies will remain incomplete if dal is missing from the menu. The other truth that remains is that, not every veggie is relished by everyone in the family and feeding kids on top of that is something that will surely test your patience. Naturally, the mothers have to sneak-in the healthy veggies in an acceptable form to impress their kids.
Spinach or palak is one of those unacceptable items that kids hate to see on their plates, no matter how skillfully cooked. But definitely you cannot exclude it from your diet knowing its huge health benefits. We understand you cannot change the eating preferences of your family but surely can add a twist to your cooking style. So, here is a simple way to cook Toor dal sabji with Palak which not only tastes delicious but is also healthy at the same time. So here is the recipe of Toor dal sabji with Palak for you.
Recipe of Toor Dal Sabji With Palak
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Palak (Spinach)- 1 full bunch (chopped)
- Toor dal- 2 cups
- Peanuts- 3tsp
- Curry leaves- 3-4
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- a pinch
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Haldi (turmeric)- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 3tsp
- Wash the spinach thoroughly removing all dirt. Once cleaned chop it finely.
- Clean and wash the toor dal.
- Pressure cook spinach, toor dal and peanuts together with half a cup of water for a duration of three whistles on medium flame.
- Once done, keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once the seeds crackle add hing.
- Add chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste. Fry till onions become translucent.
- Add all the spices and chopped tomatoes to it. Fry till it is well-cooked.
- Now add the toor dal and spinach in the mixture. Add salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan and allow it to cook for about 2 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.
Your Toor Dal Sabji with Palak is ready to be serve. Your family and friends will definitely relish it with pleasure.