- 4 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 5 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 6 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 6 hrs ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- News Centre directs all states to ensure security of women, negligence by cops will be punishable offence
- Movies Ayesha Shroff Wishes Tiger Shroff’s Grandmothers Got To See How He Turned Out; Shares Adorable Pic
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Toor Dal Sabji With Palak
Indian meal is hardly complete without a bowl of dal. All the delicacies will remain incomplete if dal is missing from the menu. The other truth that remains is that, not every veggie is relished by everyone in the family and feeding kids on top of that is something that will surely test your patience. Naturally, the mothers have to sneak-in the healthy veggies in an acceptable form to impress their kids.
Spinach or palak is one of those unacceptable items that kids hate to see on their plates, no matter how skillfully cooked. But definitely you cannot exclude it from your diet knowing its huge health benefits. We understand you cannot change the eating preferences of your family but surely can add a twist to your cooking style. So, here is a simple way to cook Toor dal sabji with Palak which not only tastes delicious but is also healthy at the same time. So here is the recipe of Toor dal sabji with Palak for you.
Recipe of Toor Dal Sabji With Palak
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Palak (Spinach)- 1 full bunch (chopped)
- Toor dal- 2 cups
- Peanuts- 3tsp
- Curry leaves- 3-4
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- a pinch
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Haldi (turmeric)- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 3tsp
- Wash the spinach thoroughly removing all dirt. Once cleaned chop it finely.
- Clean and wash the toor dal.
- Pressure cook spinach, toor dal and peanuts together with half a cup of water for a duration of three whistles on medium flame.
- Once done, keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once the seeds crackle add hing.
- Add chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste. Fry till onions become translucent.
- Add all the spices and chopped tomatoes to it. Fry till it is well-cooked.
- Now add the toor dal and spinach in the mixture. Add salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan and allow it to cook for about 2 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.
Your Toor Dal Sabji with Palak is ready to be serve. Your family and friends will definitely relish it with pleasure.