- 37 min ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 1 hr ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- 2 hrs ago Are You Cleaning Your Jade Roller? Here’s How To Clean Your Jade Roller And Why Should You Do It
- 2 hrs ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- Finance 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India
- News Shocking UP crime: Two women’s bodies found, one burnt; another without clothes, doused with acid
- Movies Epic Fam Jam: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Attend India's Biggest Fan Festival
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Get Exciting Deals On OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Dal is an inseparable item of Indian cuisine. No Indian meal is ever deemed complete without having a bowl of dal on your plate. You may not have a lot of curries with your chapati.But, if you have a bowl of dal, you can have a hearty meal without complaints.
Since dal is such an important part of our everyday diet, it is cooked in a variety of ways too. You will find numerous different dal recipes throughout the country. It is amazing to see how the same dal can be cooked in so many different ways.
One such popular dal recipe is dal fry. It is a must have item on the menu of the dhabas and restaurants alike. Dal fry is a version of dal tadka but is much simpler and quick. You can have this dal recipe with rotis, parathas and also with rice. We often end up ordering dal fry at restaurants but nothing like preparing a restaurant style dal fry recipe at home.
So, take a look at this delicious dal fry recipe and give it a shot.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
All you need
- Toor dal- 1/2 cup
- Chana dal- 1/2 cup
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Ghee- 4tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 3tbsp (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Jeera (cumin) seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon- 1 stick
- Cloves- 2
- Hing- 1/4tsp
- Garlic- 7 cloves (chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Dry red chilli- 1
1. Pressure cook the toor dal and chana dal together with salt. Wait for 3-4 whistles. Once done, mash the dal with a spoon and keep it aside.
2. Heat two tablespoons of ghee in a pan and add the cinnamon, jeera seeds and cloves. Saute for a minute.
3. Then add the onion and saute till it becomes light brown.
4. Next, add the tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, green chillies and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Pour in the dal and mix well. Bring it to boil.
7. Add the chopped coriander leaves and allow the dal to boil for 4-5 minutes.
8. Once done, transfer the dal into a serving bowl.
9. Heat two tablespoon of ghee in a tadka pan and add the dry red chilli, hing and the chpped garlic. Fry for a minute till the garlic becomes light brown.
10. Add this tadka to the dal. Mix well and serve.
Dal fry is ready to be served. Enjoy with rice or rotis.
Prepare this recipe in vegetable oil if you are a calorie freak. When cooked with oil this recipe contains only two percent fat. It has good amount of proteins too.
Soak the chana dal in water for about 2 hours before you pressure cook it. It will cook faster.