- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 13 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 13 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 14 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- Movies Priyank Sharma And Hina Khan's Raanjhana Will Surely Melt Your Heart; Song Is Already Trending
- News Ayodhya review plea rejected: With a curative petition remaining, it is not the end of litigation
- Technology Xbox Series X — Next Gen Gaming Console From Microsoft With Ray Tracing
- Sports Sanchez: Monterrey's biggest opponents are ourselves against Al Sadd
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Want to cook something nutritious yet tasty? Churning in the same old ingredients in preparing dal can get boring. So, try this tasty and healthy methi dal recipe and add a twist to your taste.
Methi or fenugreek is a wonder ingredient that helps in treating digestive problems as well as keeps bad cholesterol in check. Fenugreek leaves in its fresh as well as dried form, adds an entirely different flavour to the dish. In this recipe fresh fenugreek is combined with our regular dal along with some onions, tomatoes and lemon juice which adds the tangy taste and makes it extremely delicious. The aroma of the fresh methi leaves makes this dish a treat for your senses.
So, prepare this quick and easy recipe of methi dal and make your meal interesting.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Toor dal (split pigeon peas)- ½ cup
- Moong dal (split green gram skinless)- 2tbsp
- Water- 2cups
- Oil- 2tsp
- Jeera (cumin seeds)- 1tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Onion- 2 (finely chopped)
- Methi leaves (fenugreek)- 1 bunch
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Clean and wash the toor dal and moong dal together properly.
- Transfer them in pressure cooker and add a cup of water.
- Cook for 10 minutes or till 3 whistles on low flame.
- Once done, remove it from the flame and keep aside till the pressure goes down on its own. Open the lid and check if the dal is completely cooked.
- Now wash the methi leaves properly and remove all the dirt. Chop the leaves finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. Let it crackle for a minute.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add onions and cook till they become light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and methi leaves.
- Cook well for 2-3 minutes. Now add cooked dal, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add a cup of water and mix well.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes. Then add lemon juice.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Methi dal is ready to be served. Enjoy it with steamed or jeera rice.