- News Kerala State Lottery Today Result: Akshaya AK-423 official result
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Dalma is a very famous vegetarian recipe from the state of Odisha. It is an absolutely simple and fuss free dal recipe to try during the summer season. Dalma is basically cooked with a lot of vegetables such as unripe papaya, unripe banana etc. But we can always make variations depending on the availability of vegetables and since jackfruit is found abundantly during this season, we have used it with other vegetables to prepare this exotic recipe of jackfruit dalma.
The most important part of preparing dalma is the seasoning. The mix of authentic spices add a very different and mouthwatering flavour to the recipe. The low oil and spice content makes it a delight for the calorie conscious and those suffering from high blood pressure.
So, try this delicious recipe of jackfruit dalma and give a classic treat to yourself and your family.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Unripe jackfruit- 1 (medium, cut into cubes)
- Potato- 2 (cut into cubes)
- Pumpkin- 250 grams (medium, cut into cubes)
- Brinjal- 1 (medium size, cut into cubes)
- Tomato- 1 (big, diced)
- Ginger- 1tsp (grated)
- Moong dal- 1½ cup
- Bay leaf- 1
- Hing (asafoetida)- a pinch
- Cumin seeds- 1½ tsp
- Onion seeds- ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds- ½ tsp
- Dry red chillies- 2
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Ghee- 1tsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Coriander leaves- 2tsp (chopped for garnish)
- Soak the dal for 30 minutes. After thatm drain the water and add all the vegetables along with bay leaf, ginger, water and pressure cook it for 3 whistles on medium flame. Once done, keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast 1tsp of cumin seeds and the dry red chilies for about a minute. Let it cool and then grind it in the mixer to form a fine powder. Keep it aside.
- Make 'panch foran' by mixing half teaspoon each of cumin seeds, onion seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds together. Keep it aside.
- Now heat ghee in a pan. Add hing, the panch foran you prepared and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now pour the cooked dal and vegetables into the pan. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, prepared roasted cumin-red chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Your jackfruit dalma is ready to be served. Serve hot with steamed rice.