- 44 min ago Karisma Kapoor Ups Her Ethnic Quotient With A Floral Anita Dongre Suit
- 1 hr ago Rani Lakshmi Bai: Some Unknown Facts About The Valiant And Brave Queen Of Jhansi
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Nayanthara: Five Times The South Star Slayed In Western And Ethnic Outfits
- 2 hrs ago Manisha Koirala Looks Elegant As Ever In Her Chikankari Anarkali
- Finance How To Transfer PPF To A Different Bank Or Branch?
- Technology No Snapdragon 730G-Powered Redmi Note 8 Pro In Works
- Movies Naagin 4: Gathbandhan Actress Dhanak Aka Shruti Sharma Rejects Ekta Kapoor's Show!
- News Actror-turned-TMC MP Nusrat Jahan admitted to hospital
- Sports Rajat Sharma's resignation as DDCA chief put on hold by ombudsman
- Automobiles Jawa Motorcycles To Streamline Bookings & Delivery Process Of All Models: Reduce Waiting Period
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Yellow dal is very famous in South India. A lot of people add this dal to prepare khichdi, pakoras, gravies etc. It is also added it various vegetable dishes to enhance the taste.
Moong dal is often prepared with vegetables in the form of sambhar. But, today we share with you a healthy green treat. This yellow moong dal with spinach is nutritional, delicious and very easy to prepare. The best thing about this simple dal recipe is the aroma which is mind-blowing.
On the other hand this dal recipe can be consumed with just about anything! It is the best dish to go with idlis, white rice, tandori rotis and plain dosa. Adding a spoon of ghee to your serving of dal will also enhance its taste.
Here is how you prepare yellow moong dal with spinach. Take a look at this simple dal recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All you need:
- Moong Dal - 1 cup
- Spinach leaves - 3 cups
- Onion - 2 ( finely chopped)
- Garlic - 4,5 pods
- Ginger 1 piece
- Green chili - 5 (slit)
- Tomato - 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds(Jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Coconut milk - 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- A pinch of Asafeotida
- Water - 2 cups
- Add oil to the pressure cooker. When hot, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, green chili, onion and saute over a medium flame.
- Now add the chopped tomato and cook till it turns a little tender.
- Add moong dal, water, salt and cover the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- When done, open the pressure cooker and give the ingredients a stir.
- Now add the chopped spinach, coconut milk or cream, garam masala.
- You can also add a little water if needed and cook again.
- Allow the spinach to cook with the dal for another 10 minutes.
- Switch the flame when done.
Spinach is rich in nutrients. It has a high source of Vitamin K, folic acid and B12.
Don't add too much of water in the cooker while preparing the dal recipe.