- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 24 February 2020
- 23 hrs ago 8 Harsh Truths About Friendship That You Need To Know
- 23 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 23 Feb To 29 Feb
- 1 day ago Daily Horoscope: 23 February 2020
- Sports Southee claims five-for as New Zealand crush India in Test opener
- Movies Mafia Box Office 3 Days Collections: The Arun Vijay Starrer Is Going Strong!
- Technology Buy Audio Gadgets, Speakers, Headphones And More At Up To 60% Off On Amazon
- News Namaste Trump LIVE: Ahmedabad all decked-up as India awaits POTUS
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Yellow dal is very famous in South India. A lot of people add this dal to prepare khichdi, pakoras, gravies etc. It is also added it various vegetable dishes to enhance the taste.
Moong dal is often prepared with vegetables in the form of sambhar. But, today we share with you a healthy green treat. This yellow moong dal with spinach is nutritional, delicious and very easy to prepare. The best thing about this simple dal recipe is the aroma which is mind-blowing.
On the other hand this dal recipe can be consumed with just about anything! It is the best dish to go with idlis, white rice, tandori rotis and plain dosa. Adding a spoon of ghee to your serving of dal will also enhance its taste.
Here is how you prepare yellow moong dal with spinach. Take a look at this simple dal recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All you need:
- Moong Dal - 1 cup
- Spinach leaves - 3 cups
- Onion - 2 ( finely chopped)
- Garlic - 4,5 pods
- Ginger 1 piece
- Green chili - 5 (slit)
- Tomato - 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds(Jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Coconut milk - 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- A pinch of Asafeotida
- Water - 2 cups
- Add oil to the pressure cooker. When hot, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, green chili, onion and saute over a medium flame.
- Now add the chopped tomato and cook till it turns a little tender.
- Add moong dal, water, salt and cover the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- When done, open the pressure cooker and give the ingredients a stir.
- Now add the chopped spinach, coconut milk or cream, garam masala.
- You can also add a little water if needed and cook again.
- Allow the spinach to cook with the dal for another 10 minutes.
- Switch the flame when done.
Spinach is rich in nutrients. It has a high source of Vitamin K, folic acid and B12.
Don't add too much of water in the cooker while preparing the dal recipe.