- 41 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Athiya Shetty’s Black And White Sari Is So Modern Retro
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 2: Beauty Highlights From The Day
- 6 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 6 hrs ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- News Bihar police recruitment notification for 2446 vacancies out, Bihar police jobs apply online link
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Sanjivani 2 Makes Maiden Entry In Top 5 List; Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Drops
- Sports KPL 2019: Bijapur Bulls Vs Hubli Tigers: Mathias lands telling blows in Tigers' victory
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Yellow dal is very famous in South India. A lot of people add this dal to prepare khichdi, pakoras, gravies etc. It is also added it various vegetable dishes to enhance the taste.
Moong dal is often prepared with vegetables in the form of sambhar. But, today we share with you a healthy green treat. This yellow moong dal with spinach is nutritional, delicious and very easy to prepare. The best thing about this simple dal recipe is the aroma which is mind-blowing.
On the other hand this dal recipe can be consumed with just about anything! It is the best dish to go with idlis, white rice, tandori rotis and plain dosa. Adding a spoon of ghee to your serving of dal will also enhance its taste.
Here is how you prepare yellow moong dal with spinach. Take a look at this simple dal recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All you need:
- Moong Dal - 1 cup
- Spinach leaves - 3 cups
- Onion - 2 ( finely chopped)
- Garlic - 4,5 pods
- Ginger 1 piece
- Green chili - 5 (slit)
- Tomato - 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds(Jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Coconut milk - 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- A pinch of Asafeotida
- Water - 2 cups
- Add oil to the pressure cooker. When hot, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, green chili, onion and saute over a medium flame.
- Now add the chopped tomato and cook till it turns a little tender.
- Add moong dal, water, salt and cover the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- When done, open the pressure cooker and give the ingredients a stir.
- Now add the chopped spinach, coconut milk or cream, garam masala.
- You can also add a little water if needed and cook again.
- Allow the spinach to cook with the dal for another 10 minutes.
- Switch the flame when done.
Spinach is rich in nutrients. It has a high source of Vitamin K, folic acid and B12.
Don't add too much of water in the cooker while preparing the dal recipe.