- 5 hrs ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 23 hrs ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 24 hrs ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 1 day ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- News Bhutan's Leader of Opposition meets Modi
- Sports NADA to start testing players during Duleep games, BCCI want only doctors as DCOs
- Movies Happy Birthday Gulzar Sahab: These Songs Penned By Him Are PURE GEM!
- Technology Office vs Office 365: Key differences you should know
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Aloo is one of the most loved vegetable in India. In every household, aloo is added to almost all dishes. The proteins and vitamins present in potato helps to boost immunity, fight against diseases and it also helps in weight loss. Though many consider this vegetable to be the worst for weight loss, experts state that when you steam or grill potatoes it is safe to consume.
This afternoon we bring to your table one of the best potato recipes you can prepare - aloo stuffed capsicum recipe.
This yummy vegetable recipe is not time consuming and best of all this stuffed capsicum recipe is healthy for a lot more reasons. To enjoy this yummy treat, you can add it as a serving with dal and rice or you can simply enjoy it with dry rotis. On the other hand, this delicious stuffed capsicum recipe does contain a lot of oil, so to be on the safe side, it is better to use olive oil.
Step By Step
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
You will need
Green Capsicum - 5 nos (scoop out all the contents from the capsicum)
Potato - 5 (peeled, boiled and mashed)
Peas - 1 cup (boiled)
Oil - 4 tbsp
You will need
Jeera Seeds (Cumin)- 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Green Chilli - 2 (finely chopped)
You will Need
Jeera Powder (Cumin powder) - 1 tbsp
Dhaniya Powder (Coriander powder) - 1 tbsp
Haldi (Turmeric powder) - ½ tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Filling Procedure: Step 1
Add one tablespoon of oil in a pan. When hot add mustard and jeera seeds. Wait for it to splutter.
Filling Procedure: Step 2
Now add onions and fry till golden brown in colour.
Filling Procedure: Step 3
Add the chopped green chilli to the pan and stir fry for a minute over a low flame.
Filling Procedure: Step 4
Add the mashed potatoes to the pan. And add jeera powder,, coriander powder, and salt.
Filling Procedure: Step 5
Mix these ingredients well.
Stuffing Procedure: Step 1
When the aloo is cooled, begin to stuff the green capsicum with a small spoon or fingers.
Keep it aside. Now add the remaining oil to the pan. When hot, place these stuffed capsicums one by one.
Stuffing Procedure: Step 2
Shallow fry these stuffed green capsicums and allow it to cook well over a low flame from all the sides and cover it with a lid.
Stuffing Procedure: Step 3
Keep turning the capsicum on each side after every 4-5 minutes.Fry till golden brown in colour.
Stuffing Procedure: Step 4
When the colour turns golden-brown from all the sides, add the remaining potatoes to the pan.
Let it cook for another minute and then remove.
Serve with hot rotis or paranthas.
Capsicum is a vegetable low in calories and contains 0 grams of fat. Eating a diet rich in vegetables, including these green bell peppers or capsicum, it helps to reduce your risk of certain chronic illnesses.
Once you scoop out the capsicum, wash it with water and let it dry by putting it upside down on a paper towel. Stuff the capsicum with your fingers so that the potatoes are stuffed nicely.