- 36 min ago Viral: This Unappetizing Post Is For All Those Who Want To Kill Their Food Cravings Right Now
- 1 hr ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Pulls Off Her Attire Elegantly But It Is Not Quite Everyone's Cup Of Tea
- 2 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha Or Pooja Hegde, Whose Yellow Outfit You Liked More?
- 2 hrs ago 10 Make-up Myths That You Should Not Believe
- News BJP women MPs complain to poll body against Rahul Gandhi's 'rape in India' remark
- Movies Akshay Kumar Reveals Why Bhumi Pednekar Was His Choice For ‘Durgavati’
- Sports Dwayne Bravo comes out of T20I retirement, expresses his desire to play for West Indies in T20 World Cup 2020
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M11, Galaxy M31 Likely On Cards, Could Arrive In 2020
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Aloo is one of the most loved vegetable in India. In every household, aloo is added to almost all dishes. The proteins and vitamins present in potato helps to boost immunity, fight against diseases and it also helps in weight loss. Though many consider this vegetable to be the worst for weight loss, experts state that when you steam or grill potatoes it is safe to consume.
This afternoon we bring to your table one of the best potato recipes you can prepare - aloo stuffed capsicum recipe.
This yummy vegetable recipe is not time consuming and best of all this stuffed capsicum recipe is healthy for a lot more reasons. To enjoy this yummy treat, you can add it as a serving with dal and rice or you can simply enjoy it with dry rotis. On the other hand, this delicious stuffed capsicum recipe does contain a lot of oil, so to be on the safe side, it is better to use olive oil.
Step By Step
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
You will need
Green Capsicum - 5 nos (scoop out all the contents from the capsicum)
Potato - 5 (peeled, boiled and mashed)
Peas - 1 cup (boiled)
Oil - 4 tbsp
You will need
Jeera Seeds (Cumin)- 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Green Chilli - 2 (finely chopped)
You will Need
Jeera Powder (Cumin powder) - 1 tbsp
Dhaniya Powder (Coriander powder) - 1 tbsp
Haldi (Turmeric powder) - ½ tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Filling Procedure: Step 1
Add one tablespoon of oil in a pan. When hot add mustard and jeera seeds. Wait for it to splutter.
Filling Procedure: Step 2
Now add onions and fry till golden brown in colour.
Filling Procedure: Step 3
Add the chopped green chilli to the pan and stir fry for a minute over a low flame.
Filling Procedure: Step 4
Add the mashed potatoes to the pan. And add jeera powder,, coriander powder, and salt.
Filling Procedure: Step 5
Mix these ingredients well.
Stuffing Procedure: Step 1
When the aloo is cooled, begin to stuff the green capsicum with a small spoon or fingers.
Keep it aside. Now add the remaining oil to the pan. When hot, place these stuffed capsicums one by one.
Stuffing Procedure: Step 2
Shallow fry these stuffed green capsicums and allow it to cook well over a low flame from all the sides and cover it with a lid.
Stuffing Procedure: Step 3
Keep turning the capsicum on each side after every 4-5 minutes.Fry till golden brown in colour.
Stuffing Procedure: Step 4
When the colour turns golden-brown from all the sides, add the remaining potatoes to the pan.
Let it cook for another minute and then remove.
Serve with hot rotis or paranthas.
Capsicum is a vegetable low in calories and contains 0 grams of fat. Eating a diet rich in vegetables, including these green bell peppers or capsicum, it helps to reduce your risk of certain chronic illnesses.
Once you scoop out the capsicum, wash it with water and let it dry by putting it upside down on a paper towel. Stuff the capsicum with your fingers so that the potatoes are stuffed nicely.