- News 19-year-old calls sister's friend to house, allegedly rapes her
- Technology Xiaomi Mi True Wireless Earphones 2S Launch Could Be Imminent
- Sports Khabib scoffs at talk of rematch ahead of 'minor league' McGregor comeback
- Movies Selvaraghavan-SJ Suryah’s ‘Nenjam Marappathillai’ Is Finally Set To Release Soon
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
A dish native to Tibet and Nepal, momos (dumplings) have gained wide spread popularity all over the world. This dumplings recipe is also very popular among the hilly states of India. The best part of this momo recipe is that it is very low in its calorie content. The cooking procedure in this momo recipe involves only steaming which helps in preserving the nutrient value of the food.
But the most exquisite part of momos is the spicy chutney with which it is served. We are not talking of fancy Chinese restaurants which often serve bland sauces with momos. But the roadside shops which provide the most lip-smacking chutney along with momos. This chutney is sure to burn your tongue and is a perfect accompaniment with many other Indian snacks as well.
So, here is the spicy red momo chutney recipe. Do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
All you need
- Dried or fresh red chillies: 20-25
- Red chilli flakes- 1tbsp
- Green chilly- 1 (chopped)
- Garlic- 8-10 pods
- Ginger paste- ½ tsp
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Olive oil- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- A few sprigs of coriander leaves
1. If you have fresh red chillies, skip this step. If you are using dried ones, soak the red chillies in hot water for a few hours till they become soft. Drain and keep them aside.
2. Now blend them and the rest of the ingredients into a semi-smooth paste. You can increase or decrease the number of chillies depending on how spicy you like it.
3. Check the seasoning and serve the red chilli garlic chutney with snacks like momos or idlis, chaats etc.
Enjoy this spicy chutney with hot momos.
Instead of ginger paste, you can add freshly grated ginger to enhance the taste.