- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Says Being Indian Takes Precedence At His Home Over Religion. WATCH NOW!
- News Hyderabad Police arrests Bhim Army Chief Chandrashekhar Azad
- Sports I League: Real Kashmir overcome Indian Arrows to get back to winning ways
- Technology Benefits Of Amazon Prime Subscription That You Probably Didn't Know
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Chutney is one dish which can make the most boring meal burst with robust flavours. The taste of Indian chutneys range from sweet to tangy and sometimes fiery spicy. People team up chutney with roti, rice, pour it over chaats or dip deep fried snacks in it.
The best thing about chutney recipes is that they can be prepared within minutes. If guests arrive uninformed at your doorstep you can always grind in a few random ingredients which are almost always available in the house to make delicious chutneys to team up with meals.
So, today we have a special spicy onion chutney which is a great accompaniment with your meal. Be it dosas or parathas, this chutney is a perfect hit.
Check out the spicy onion chutney recipe and try it out tonight.
Prepartion time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
All you need
- Onions- 3 (sliced)
- Dry red chillies- 7-8
- Roasted chana dal- 1tbsp
- Tamarind pulp- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Jaggery- 1tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the dry red chillies. Saute for a minute.
2. Then add the onion slices and fry till they turn golden brown.
3. Add the roasted chana dal, salt, tamarind pulp and jaggery. Saute for 4-5 minutes on medium flame till the jaggery melts completely.
4. Now switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down.
5. Grind the mixture into a thick paste. Add a little water if needed.
6. Serve with dosas or idlis,
Spicy onion chutney is ready to be served. It is a perfect acompaniment with dosa or idlis.
Onion chutney has very less calories. Onion is a nutritious vegetable which contains vitamin C. It also contains chromium which regulates the level of sugar in blood.
You may add lemon juice instead of the tamarind pulp if you prefer.