- News ‘When every Indian takes step forward, India goes ahead by 130 crore steps’, says PM
- Technology Benefits Of Amazon Prime Subscription That You Probably Didn't Know
- Movies Master Third Look Poster: Vijay & Vijay Sethupathi's Face Off Sets The Social Media On Fire!
- Sports Premier Badminton League: Pune 7 Aces face Bengaluru Raptors
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Upma is one of the easiest things to prepare for breakfast. However, sooji is not exactly the healthiest cereals. Instead you can replace sooji with dalia or broken wheat. This gives you an extremely healthy dalia upma recipe. But some people do not like the bland taste of dalia. So, for the fussy eaters, we have recipe that will score both as healthy and tasty. Have you ever tried making tomato dalia upma?
The flavour of tangy tomatoes melt into the dalia to make this dish really special. And to give a Mexican touch to this Indian breakfast recipe, you can add bell peppers to it. Tomato dalia upma tastes yummy if you add some zesty spices to it. In fact, you can even prepare this healthy breakfast recipe with olive oil.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Dalia- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 2 stalks (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Turmeric- 1 pinch
- Salt- asper taste
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Warm the olive oil in a deep bottomed pan. Season it with cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Add the onions and saute on medium flame till it turns translucent.
- Add tomatoes and bell peppers; also sprinkle salt and turmeric powder. You can also add sugar at this stage.
- Mix all the ingredients and cook on low flame for 2-4 minutes.
- Now, add the dalia and mix it up with the other ingredients.
- Saute the contents of the pan for 2-3 minutes. Then, add 2 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for 10 to 15 minutes stirring the dalia often so that it doesn't get stuck.
You can serve the tomato dalia upma after garnishing it with coriander leaves.