- Technology Most Trending Smartphones Of Last Week: iPhone 11 Pro Max, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Galaxy A50, Nokia 7.2 A
- Movies Ranveer Singh Is Deepika Padukone’s ‘Trashcan’ According To The Hilarious Meme She Posted!
- News Six BSP MLAs join Congress in Rajasthan
- Sports PKL 2019: Dabang Delhi consolidate their position on top of the table following their win over Telugu Titans
- Automobiles India-Bound Hyundai Elantra Facelift To Be Offered With Petrol Powertrain Only
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Upma is one of the easiest things to prepare for breakfast. However, sooji is not exactly the healthiest cereals. Instead you can replace sooji with dalia or broken wheat. This gives you an extremely healthy dalia upma recipe. But some people do not like the bland taste of dalia. So, for the fussy eaters, we have recipe that will score both as healthy and tasty. Have you ever tried making tomato dalia upma?
The flavour of tangy tomatoes melt into the dalia to make this dish really special. And to give a Mexican touch to this Indian breakfast recipe, you can add bell peppers to it. Tomato dalia upma tastes yummy if you add some zesty spices to it. In fact, you can even prepare this healthy breakfast recipe with olive oil.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Dalia- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 2 stalks (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Turmeric- 1 pinch
- Salt- asper taste
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Warm the olive oil in a deep bottomed pan. Season it with cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Add the onions and saute on medium flame till it turns translucent.
- Add tomatoes and bell peppers; also sprinkle salt and turmeric powder. You can also add sugar at this stage.
- Mix all the ingredients and cook on low flame for 2-4 minutes.
- Now, add the dalia and mix it up with the other ingredients.
- Saute the contents of the pan for 2-3 minutes. Then, add 2 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for 10 to 15 minutes stirring the dalia often so that it doesn't get stuck.
You can serve the tomato dalia upma after garnishing it with coriander leaves.