- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Chirag Shetty, Adcocks take Pune to second consecutive win
- News CAA: Applications must give proof of religion to get Indian citizenship
- Movies Rakshit Shetty Is All Set To Resume The Shoot Of 777 Charlie From January 29
- Technology BSNL Revises Marutham Plan; Now Offering 300 Days Validity
- Finance Post Office Increase Minimum Balance For Savings A/c To Rs. 500
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Dosa is a signature Indian breakfast recipe. It is easy to make and is the best recipe to start your day with. People of South India can make versatile varieties of dosas. Masala dosa, set dosa, neer dosa are some examples. Today we have a special, sweet variety of dosa which is known as Vella dosa recipe.
One important thing to remember while preparing the batter is to make sure it is not thick. A thick batter will lead to a lumpy dosa and this will not make an appetising appearance.
This Vella dosa recipe is also a perfect meal for your kids too. They will surely love the sweet taste. This special recipe has been contributed by our cookery expert, Ms. Usha Srikumar. Take a look at this recipe for Vella dosa and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Rice flour- 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour -1 cup
- Powdered jaggery -3/4 cup
- Powdered elaichi-1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Ghee for cooking
1. Mix the flours.
2. Dissolve the jaggery in hot water and filter the solution.
3. Add salt, elaichi and flours to the filtered solution.
4. Add some more water and make a batter of pouring consistency.
5. Heat a tawa. Grease it slightly.
6. Pour a ladle full of batter on the tawa and make it round in a dosa/pancake form.
7. Add some ghee on the sides. Cook till done. Flip and cook till the other side is done too. You may add some more ghee if you wish.
8. Remove from the tawa and serve it hot.
Dosa is usually a nutritious breakfast recipe. Using jaggery also makes it low on calories. So, even if you are on a diet, you may try out this recipe.