- 4 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Flaunt Party Outfits At This Party
- 5 hrs ago On Zeenat Aman's Birthday, The Actress Whose Fashion Was Beyond The Conformist Narrative
- 6 hrs ago Copaiba Oil: Health Benefits, Risks And How To Use
- 6 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela's Perfect Glossy Pout And Pretty Half Updo Hairstyle Are Something You Can't Miss
- Sports 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, India vs Oman: India go down by a solitary goal in Muscat
- Movies Amitabh Bachchcan’s Throwback Picture With Kareena Kapoor Is The Cutest Thing On Internet Today!
- Technology 99% of Xiaomi Smartphones Sold In India Are Made In The Country
- News Pak court to announce judgement in treason case against Pervez Musharraf on Nov 28
- Automobiles MotoGP Repsol Honda Team Signs Alex Marquez For 2020 Season: Will Race With Marc Marquez
- Travel Overtourism – Why It Matters, The Destinations Affected And How To Combat It
- Finance Job Creation Growth In India Slowed Down In Last 2 Years: CARE Ratings
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Dosa is a signature Indian breakfast recipe. It is easy to make and is the best recipe to start your day with. People of South India can make versatile varieties of dosas. Masala dosa, set dosa, neer dosa are some examples. Today we have a special, sweet variety of dosa which is known as Vella dosa recipe.
One important thing to remember while preparing the batter is to make sure it is not thick. A thick batter will lead to a lumpy dosa and this will not make an appetising appearance.
This Vella dosa recipe is also a perfect meal for your kids too. They will surely love the sweet taste. This special recipe has been contributed by our cookery expert, Ms. Usha Srikumar. Take a look at this recipe for Vella dosa and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Rice flour- 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour -1 cup
- Powdered jaggery -3/4 cup
- Powdered elaichi-1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Ghee for cooking
1. Mix the flours.
2. Dissolve the jaggery in hot water and filter the solution.
3. Add salt, elaichi and flours to the filtered solution.
4. Add some more water and make a batter of pouring consistency.
5. Heat a tawa. Grease it slightly.
6. Pour a ladle full of batter on the tawa and make it round in a dosa/pancake form.
7. Add some ghee on the sides. Cook till done. Flip and cook till the other side is done too. You may add some more ghee if you wish.
8. Remove from the tawa and serve it hot.
Dosa is usually a nutritious breakfast recipe. Using jaggery also makes it low on calories. So, even if you are on a diet, you may try out this recipe.