- News Donald Trump India visit: Trade deal unlikely, says White House
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile As Coronavirus Spreads
- Movies Baaram Full Movie Leaked Online In HD Print For Download On Day 1
- Sports Halep into first final of the year after crushing Brady in Dubai
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Poha is one such dish that is loved by a lot of people. It is not only an easy breakfast recipe to prepare in the early hours of the morning but also a tasty one too. Poha is nothing but beaten rice, if you are unaware of what it actually is.
There are a lot of people who add spice and other ingredients to this lovely and easy recipe. But, many try as much as possible to avoid lemon. It is this cirtus fruit that adds to the tanginess of the dish. Therefore, if you are looking forward to eating something tangy, try this lemon poha recipe.
Lemon poha is easy to make and is not time consuming. Take a look at how you can prepare lemon poha:
Serves : 3
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Poha - 3 cups
- Lemon - 2 (squeeze out the juice)
- Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Green chillies - 2 (sliced)
- Onion- 2 (chopped)
- Potatoes - 1 (boiled and diced)
- Peanuts - 1 cup
- Turmeric - 1 pinch
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coriander - 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Before you make the poha, you need to soak it in a cup of water for at least 10 minutes or so. Wait for it to become a little soft and then begin to prepare this yummy lemon poha recipe.
- In a pan, heat a little oil on medium flame. When hot, add in the asafoetida along with the mustard seeds. Wait for the two ingredients to cook well in the hot oil.
- Then add to the pan, the chopped onions and the sliced green chillies. Fry all the ingredients well together till you see the green chillies turning white in colour.
- Now to the pan, add in the diced boiled potatoes and fry it well with the onions. Add in the curry leaves and the turmeric to the pan and mix it well with the boiled potatoes in the pan.
- After 5 minutes or so, add in the peanuts to the pan. Fry it with the other ingredients and wait for it to turn a little brownish in colour.
- When the mixture is well cooked, add in the soft poha to the pan and continuously stir it for about 5 minutes. Make sure you mix well.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, add in the salt, give it a final stir and switch the flame off.
- Now remove from the stove and add the lemon juice to the poha. Mix the poha with a flat spoon.
- Garnish the poha with the chopped coriander leaves.
Your lemon poha recipe is now ready to eat. You can enjoy this yummy and healthy breakfast recipe either cold or hot.