- 20 min ago Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- 6 hrs ago Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- 19 hrs ago Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- 20 hrs ago Kriti Sanon Looks Fresh And Radiant In Her Vibrant Orange Dress; Take A Look At Her Orange Eye Shadow Too!
- Education CGBSE 12th Result 2021: Check CG Board 12th Result 2021 Link
- News Ayodhya in tizzy following hoax bomb threat
- Sports Soldier of his country: Iran's Olympic champion shooter is hospital nurse too, served in COVID wards
- Finance Gratuity Act 1972: Here’s All You Need To Know About Nomination Rules
- Movies Yashika Anand Meets With An Accident; Critically Injured
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Automobiles Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Brown rice dosa is something that you would not be too familiar with. Are you wondering what the brown rice dosa is about? It is a healthy dosa recipe made of brown rice flour. It keeps you refreshed and healthy throughout the day.
This brown rice dosa contains brown rice batter instead of the regular rice flour batter. This Indian dish is a hit amongst homemakers and working men and women.
South Indians always have a container of dosa batter in their fridge so that they can take it out when they feel like having a quick breakfast or snack. It is healthy too.
You must have tasted dosas with various fillings and must also have experimented with varieties of dosas at home. Even when we eat out, at least one person in the family prefers to opt for the dosa as it is a healthy meal. So the health benefits of brown rice dosa need no special mention. It is a healthy way to stay fit.
Read on to know how to make the brown rice dosa recipe.
Preparation Time- 12-13 hours
Cooking Time- 15-20 minutes
All You Need
Brown Rice- 3 cups
Urad Dal- 1 cup (skinless)
Channa Dal- ½ cup
Moong Dal- ½ cup
Toor Dal- ½ cup
Poha- 1 cup
Methi Seeds- 1 tbsp
1. Wash the brown rice, urud dal, channa dal, moong dal and toor dal under running water thoroughly. Soak them in water overnight.
2. In the morning, soak poha for an hour.
3. Now, grind the brown rice mixture, poha and dals in a mixer to form a semi thick batter. Once it grinds well, add a little salt to the mixture. Add water as required. Batter it well. Keep it to ferment in room temperature for 8-9 hours.
4. Once it is done, your brown rice batter is ready to be made into dosas. Take a tawa and heat it.
5. Apply oil till the tawa becomes greasy. Pour a ladle of the brown rice dosa batter into the tawa and spread it into a thin circle.
6. Cook the dosa till it becomes golden brown. Swap the dosa, and make sure both sides are slightly golden in color.
Your healthy brown rice dosa can be eaten with coconut or tomato chutney. You can also have them with mango/lemon pickle or 'mulugu podi' (edible dosa/idly) chilli powder. Do not try to make idlis with this batter because you may not get good results.
- Brown rice is a healthy food, especially if you are on a diet. It is a great source of fibre and carbohydrates. It also fuels the body with glucose. Brown rice does not add to your calorie content.
- It is a rich source of magnesium and calcium. It helps in building stronger bones, and is good for the teeth too.
- When you soak the brown rice overnight, soak it for a longer period as brown rice takes time to soak well.
- When you grind the mixture, always mix it in a wet grinder for best results.
- If you want to add to the taste of the brown rice dosa, add ghee instead of oil after circling it in the tawa. But that is not a good idea if you are on a diet!