- Movies Shruti Haasan Refuses To Speak About Her Breakup With Michael Corsale; Here’s Why
- News Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj wasn't confined to any caste or party, says Sena in swipe at BJP
- Technology Reliance Jio Rs. 149 Vs Airtel Rs. 169 Prepaid Plan: Which One You Should Opt For
- Sports Man United's Pogba watches Butler & Heat in Miami
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
There are certain special cuisines in India which are prepared during a certain occasion, in the specific states. On Makar Sankranti, if Bengal comes with its delicacies of 'Pitha' (sweet rice cake with filling), people in Karnataka prepare palyas.
On this auspicious day, the people in Karnataka prepare this yummy dish with potato or sweet pumpkin. In many households of Karnataka, it is made with lots of coconut in it.
The recipe of this sweet pumpkin palya is very easy and you need simple ingredients for this. Want to prepare it at home this Makar Sankranti? Then, have a look at the recipe below.
Also Read: Recipes To Sweeten Your Sankrant/Pongal
Serves - 2
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
1. Sweet Pumpkin - 1½ cup (chopped finely)
2. Red Chillies - 2
3. Green Chillies - 2
4. Fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
5. Cilantro - 2-3 sprigs (finely chopped)
6. Vegetable Oil - 3 tsp
7. Salt as per taste
8. Mustard Seeds - 2 tsp
9. Urad Dal - 2 tsp
10. Asafetida - a pinch
11. Channa Dal - 2 tsp
12. Curry Leaves - 4-5
13. Turmeric Powder - ¼th tsp
Also Read: Main Course Recipes For Pongal
1. Chop pumpkin evenly by removing the skin and seeds.
2. Take a kadai and heat oil. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, asafetida, turmeric, and then add in the chillies as well. Fry it for 30 seconds.
3. When you see the dal changing colour, add the pumpkin into the kadai and also add a little amount of water. Cover the lid and let it be cooked well.
4. Check it after 5 minutes to see if the pumpkin has been cooked. You will find it soft enough. Add salt into it and give it a good mix.
5. Add cilantro and grated coconut and again mix everything well.
6. Sweet pumpkin palya is ready to be served. Serve it hot with rice or rotis.