- 37 min ago 12 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Skin Tags
- 44 min ago Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: True Minimalist In The Times Of Fashion Overkill
- 2 hrs ago Dia Mirza's Colour-Blocked Sari Is Meant For Ladies Who Want To Look Simply Extraordinary
- 16 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Finance Vakrangee To Set Up Electric Vehicle Charging Points Across India
- Technology Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Announced With Improved Gaming Performance
- Movies Anushka Sharma Married Virat Kohli At The Age Of 29 Because Of This Reason!
- Sports England's first cricket World Cup victory is as controversial as its only football title
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
- Automobiles 2020 BS-VI Royal Enfield Thunderbird Spotted Testing — Features Relaxed Riding Position
- News Kejriwal, Sisodia get bail in defamation case filed by Vijender Gupta
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
There are certain special cuisines in India which are prepared during a certain occasion, in the specific states. On Makar Sankranti, if Bengal comes with its delicacies of 'Pitha' (sweet rice cake with filling), people in Karnataka prepare palyas.
On this auspicious day, the people in Karnataka prepare this yummy dish with potato or sweet pumpkin. In many households of Karnataka, it is made with lots of coconut in it.
The recipe of this sweet pumpkin palya is very easy and you need simple ingredients for this. Want to prepare it at home this Makar Sankranti? Then, have a look at the recipe below.
Also Read: Recipes To Sweeten Your Sankrant/Pongal
Serves - 2
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
1. Sweet Pumpkin - 1½ cup (chopped finely)
2. Red Chillies - 2
3. Green Chillies - 2
4. Fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
5. Cilantro - 2-3 sprigs (finely chopped)
6. Vegetable Oil - 3 tsp
7. Salt as per taste
8. Mustard Seeds - 2 tsp
9. Urad Dal - 2 tsp
10. Asafetida - a pinch
11. Channa Dal - 2 tsp
12. Curry Leaves - 4-5
13. Turmeric Powder - ¼th tsp
Also Read: Main Course Recipes For Pongal
1. Chop pumpkin evenly by removing the skin and seeds.
2. Take a kadai and heat oil. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, asafetida, turmeric, and then add in the chillies as well. Fry it for 30 seconds.
3. When you see the dal changing colour, add the pumpkin into the kadai and also add a little amount of water. Cover the lid and let it be cooked well.
4. Check it after 5 minutes to see if the pumpkin has been cooked. You will find it soft enough. Add salt into it and give it a good mix.
5. Add cilantro and grated coconut and again mix everything well.
6. Sweet pumpkin palya is ready to be served. Serve it hot with rice or rotis.