- 12 hrs ago Expert Article: Receded Gums, Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 15 hrs ago July 2022: Numerological Predictions For This Month
- 18 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 20 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Wimbledon 2022, July 4 Order of Play and Schedule: Live Streaming in India and TV Channel List
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 Episode 2 Highlights: Erika Packard Gets Eliminated From The Rohit Shetty Show
- News Denmark: Several people shot at Copenhagen shopping mall, police say
- Education PSEB Class 10th Result 2022 : Punjab Board Likely To Declare 10th Results In First Week Of July
- Technology Week 26, 2022 Launch Roundup: OnePlus Nord 2T, Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Nokia G11 Plus, And More
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Himalayan Gets Two New Colour Options
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
There are certain special cuisines in India which are prepared during a certain occasion, in the specific states. On Makar Sankranti, if Bengal comes with its delicacies of 'Pitha' (sweet rice cake with filling), people in Karnataka prepare palyas.
On this auspicious day, the people in Karnataka prepare this yummy dish with potato or sweet pumpkin. In many households of Karnataka, it is made with lots of coconut in it.
The recipe of this sweet pumpkin palya is very easy and you need simple ingredients for this. Want to prepare it at home this Makar Sankranti? Then, have a look at the recipe below.
Also Read: Recipes To Sweeten Your Sankrant/Pongal
Serves - 2
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
1. Sweet Pumpkin - 1½ cup (chopped finely)
2. Red Chillies - 2
3. Green Chillies - 2
4. Fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
5. Cilantro - 2-3 sprigs (finely chopped)
6. Vegetable Oil - 3 tsp
7. Salt as per taste
8. Mustard Seeds - 2 tsp
9. Urad Dal - 2 tsp
10. Asafetida - a pinch
11. Channa Dal - 2 tsp
12. Curry Leaves - 4-5
13. Turmeric Powder - ¼th tsp
Also Read: Main Course Recipes For Pongal
1. Chop pumpkin evenly by removing the skin and seeds.
2. Take a kadai and heat oil. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, asafetida, turmeric, and then add in the chillies as well. Fry it for 30 seconds.
3. When you see the dal changing colour, add the pumpkin into the kadai and also add a little amount of water. Cover the lid and let it be cooked well.
4. Check it after 5 minutes to see if the pumpkin has been cooked. You will find it soft enough. Add salt into it and give it a good mix.
5. Add cilantro and grated coconut and again mix everything well.
6. Sweet pumpkin palya is ready to be served. Serve it hot with rice or rotis.
- recipesPongal Recipe: How To Make Pongal At Home
- festivalsBhogi Pongal 2022: Rituals And Significance Of The First Day Of Pongal
- wellnessPongal, Til Laddu And More: Health Benefits Of Foods Prepared During Sankranti
- recipesMakar Sankranti: How To Prepare Dal Khichdi On This Festival
- festivalsPongal 2022: Date, Rituals And Significance Of This January Festival
- lifePongal Messages, Wishes And Quotes To Share On WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- festivalsPongal: Know About The 4-Day Festival Celebration In Tamil Nadu In January
- festivalsHappy Makar Sankranti 2022 Wishes, Facebook And Whatsapp Messages In English To Send To Loved Ones
- faith mysticismMakar Sankranti: Tips To Worship Sun God On This Day
- festivalsMakar Sankranti: 5 Reasons This Festival Is Celebrated In India
- festivalsMakar Sankranti: Things Not To Do On This Auspicious Day
- festivalsMakar Sankranti: Powerful Sacred Mantras To Chant On This Day