- 1 hr ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- 4 hrs ago Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 5 hrs ago Stay-At-Home Fashion Diaries: Hailey Bieber’s 3 Simple Looks That Can Give You Insta-Worthy Moments
- 6 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Multicolour Sweatshirt Or Tamannaah Bhatia’s Pink Co-ords, Whose Tie-Dye Outfit Is Prettier?
- News COVID-19 Zydus Cadila gets emergency use approval for single dose of Virafin
- Sports IPL 2021: Best moment in life after my Test debut: Axar Patel
- Finance SBI Launches Video KYC Based Account Opening Feature, Details Inside
- Movies Udit Narayan Recalls His Conversation With Shravan Rathod When The Music Composer Recently Visited Kumbh Mela
- Automobiles Current Lockdown & Curfew Restrictions Likely To Affect Car & Bike Sales Again In 2021
- Technology Vi Message Center Number: Get All States Vi Message/SMS Center Number Details
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
If you always look for preparing something new on weekends, this dish can make your Sundays happier.
If you are a vegan and want to present something tasty and healthy for your family, water chestnut and mushroom fry can be one of those preferred dishes.
Even if you serve this dish instead of dry chilli chicken with fried rice, non-vegetarians will surely dig into their plates, wanting to try some more.
The recipe is quite easy and the ingredients are also easily available from any super market. So, plan for something new this Sunday brunch and give your family a very tasty surprise.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Water Chestnuts - 1 cup (quartered)
2. Button Mushrooms - 1 cup (quartered)
3. Green Chillies - 2-3 (finely chopped)
4. Garlic - 10 cloves (finely chopped)
5. Ginger - 1 inch (finely chopped)
6. Onion - 1 medium sized (diced)
7. Oyster Sauce - 1 tbsp
8. Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
9. Salt to taste
10. Sugar - a pinch
11. Oil for cooking
12. Black Peppercorn - 1 tsp (crushed)
13. Vinegar - 1 tsp
14. Corn flour - 2 tbsp
15. Parsley - 1 bunch (finely chopped)
1. Heat a pan and add oil into it. Now, add green chillies, ginger and garlic into the oil and sauté well.Add diced onions and fry until the onions become transparent.
2. Add mushrooms into the pan and add salt too.Mix well, so that the moisture of the mushrooms gets absorbed. Add water chestnut and mix well again.
3. Now, it's time to add the sauces. Start with oyster sauce and then add a little bit of soy sauce. Don't forget to add a pinch of sugar, as it will give your dish a dash of sweetness. Now, add little water into the pan. To make slurry, add water to cornflour and mix it.
4. Pour the slurry into the pan and stir well. Now, add lots of chopped parsley into the pan. Stir again and put off the flame.
5. Add a tsp of vinegar and a pinch of salt again. Mix well. Transfer it into a bowl and garnish with parsley.
Your water chestnut and mushroom fry is ready to be served.