- 13 hrs ago Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- 19 hrs ago Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- 1 day ago Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- 1 day ago Kriti Sanon Looks Fresh And Radiant In Her Vibrant Orange Dress; Take A Look At Her Orange Eye Shadow Too!
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Automobiles Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
If you are fan of South Indian delicacy, Idlis will surely allure you. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast or evening snacks, Idli is a wonderful option. If you think making Idli is time-consuming, this quick recipe of Rava Idli will break that myth. Here;s how you can make quick rava idlis at home.
This hardly takes 10-12 minutes and is the best option to choose when you're in a hurry and you just don't know what to cook for breakfast.
Prepare it for breakfast or you can pack it for lunch to your kids. The entire recipe is super healthy; if you are on a diet and keep your lunch light, go for small rava idlis. So, read this simple method on how to make rava idlis.
Here are the ingredients and the recipe of rava idlis that you can prepare quickly and at ease. Read on to know more.
Also Read: 10 Dosa Recipes To Have For Breakfast
Serves - 5 idlis
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
For the Batter
1. Semolina (rava) - 1 cup
2. Curd - ¼th cup
3. Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp (chopped)
4. Fruit Salt - ¾ tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Oil - 1 tsp
7. Ghee - ½ tsp
8. Urad dal - 1 tsp
9. Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp
10. Cashews - 1 tbsp (broken)
11. Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
12. Curry Leaves - 4
13. Green Chillies - 2 tsp (finely chopped)
14. A pinch of Asafoetida
1. Take a big bowl and add semolina (rava), curd and salt into it. Now, slowly add water to make the batter and mix it continuously, so that no lumps are formed.
2. Now, it's time to prepare the tempering. Take a small pan and heat oil. Add ghee, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, cashews, cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves into it and temper it well.
3. When everything is roasted well, add the tempering into the batter and mix it well. Add fruit salt into it and sprinkle little water into it. The batter will start rising. Mix again well. Now, take your idli stand and grease it well with oil. Pour little amount of batter into the idli space and place the stand in a steamer.
4. It will take 7-8 minutes to get steamed. With a spoon, bring the idlis out and place them on a platter.Hot rava idli is ready to be served. You can serve it with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Try this amazing recipe at home and share it with your friends. Don't forget to give us your feedback.