- 10 min ago Hanuman Jayanti 2021: Quotes, Messages And Wishes To Share On This Day
- 59 min ago Flashback Friday: Decoding Smita Patil’s Fashion From The Movie Mirch Masala
- 2 hrs ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- 6 hrs ago Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- News Chennai Photo Biennale's third edition announces grant for conservation photography
- Education JKSSB Result 2021 Released For Various Posts Under PM Package
- Sports IPL 2021: Kevin Pietersen feels Rajasthan Royals overpaid for Chris Morris at auction
- Automobiles Ford India Hikes Prices Of All Its Models: Ford Endeavour, Figo, Aspire, Ecosport Prices Increased
- Movies Anupamaa Actor Ashish Mehrotra's Father Passes Away; Rupali Ganguly, Kunal & Other Celebs Mourn His Loss
- Finance COVID Crises: Banks To Work From 10AM-2PM, Offering Only Basic Services
- Technology How To Check BSNL Bharat Fibre And AirFibre Data Usage
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
If you are fan of South Indian delicacy, Idlis will surely allure you. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast or evening snacks, Idli is a wonderful option. If you think making Idli is time-consuming, this quick recipe of Rava Idli will break that myth. Here;s how you can make quick rava idlis at home.
This hardly takes 10-12 minutes and is the best option to choose when you're in a hurry and you just don't know what to cook for breakfast.
Prepare it for breakfast or you can pack it for lunch to your kids. The entire recipe is super healthy; if you are on a diet and keep your lunch light, go for small rava idlis. So, read this simple method on how to make rava idlis.
Here are the ingredients and the recipe of rava idlis that you can prepare quickly and at ease. Read on to know more.
Also Read: 10 Dosa Recipes To Have For Breakfast
Serves - 5 idlis
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
For the Batter
1. Semolina (rava) - 1 cup
2. Curd - ¼th cup
3. Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp (chopped)
4. Fruit Salt - ¾ tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Oil - 1 tsp
7. Ghee - ½ tsp
8. Urad dal - 1 tsp
9. Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp
10. Cashews - 1 tbsp (broken)
11. Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
12. Curry Leaves - 4
13. Green Chillies - 2 tsp (finely chopped)
14. A pinch of Asafoetida
1. Take a big bowl and add semolina (rava), curd and salt into it. Now, slowly add water to make the batter and mix it continuously, so that no lumps are formed.
2. Now, it's time to prepare the tempering. Take a small pan and heat oil. Add ghee, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, cashews, cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves into it and temper it well.
3. When everything is roasted well, add the tempering into the batter and mix it well. Add fruit salt into it and sprinkle little water into it. The batter will start rising. Mix again well. Now, take your idli stand and grease it well with oil. Pour little amount of batter into the idli space and place the stand in a steamer.
4. It will take 7-8 minutes to get steamed. With a spoon, bring the idlis out and place them on a platter.Hot rava idli is ready to be served. You can serve it with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Try this amazing recipe at home and share it with your friends. Don't forget to give us your feedback.