- 10 hrs ago Padma Awards 2022 Winners: Complete List Of Recipients Of The Prestigious Government Honour
- 11 hrs ago Expert Opinion: Mental Health And Behavioural Issues In Female Victims Of Violence Or Sexual Assault
- 21 hrs ago Pisces Horoscope 2022: Yearly Astrological Predictions About Life, Love, Career, Health And More
- 22 hrs ago Neglected Infectious Diseases May Be Tomorrow's Pandemic: Bharat Biotech Chief Dr Krishna Ella
- Technology Amazon Accessories Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Data Cards, Hard disk, Mouse, And More
- News Tatas take first step in Air India, to introduce ‘enhanced meal service’ in 4 flights on Thu
- Movies Melody Song Of The Year From Mahesh Babu’s Sarkaru Vaari Paata Will Be Out On February 14
- Sports India ODI, T20I Squads Against WI: Rohit to lead, Kuldeep, Bishnoi in; Bumrah, Shami rested, Ashwin dropped
- Finance Motilal Oswal Recommends To Buy This Technology Stock For 29% Return
- Automobiles Tork Kratos & Kratos R Electric Motorcycles Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.07 Lakh
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Makar Sankranti is celebrated throughout India differently. It is an auspicious festival and in many parts of India, agricultural festivals ('Nabanna' in Bengal, 'Bihu' in Assam) are celebrated. This year the festival will be celebrated fro, 14-17 January.
With celebration, special preparation of dishes is essential. Puran Poli is one such special delicacy that is made in Maharashtra on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. Puran Poli is also prepared in Gujarat and in several other states, but it is named differently.
This simple and delicious recipe of Puran Puli will win everyone's hearts and therefore, you must try this once at your home. Check out the recipe here:
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
For the Filling
1. Chana Dal - 1 cup (soaked and cooked)
2. Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp
3. Sugar - 1/3rd cup
4. Nutmeg Powder - a pinch
5. Saffron Colour - a few drops
For the Dough
6. Wheat Flour - 1 cup
7. Ghee - ½ tbsp
1. Soak chana dal in lukewarm water and then cook it in a pressure cooker until three whistles.
2. Now, turn on the stove. Take a broad pan and add the cooked chana dal into it and also add sugar. Now, cook it very well, so that you get a dough-like mixture.
3. Cool it completely and add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and saffron colour into it. If you want it sweeter, you can add more powdered sugar as well. Mix everything well and keep it aside.
4. Now, start making the dough. For that, take a big bowl and add wheat flour into it. Add ghee and also add water to make the dough. Add water slowly to prepare the dough perfectly. Take little ghee on your palms and again soften the dough.
5. Now, make balls of the dough and roll it out to make it into a roti. Also, make small balls of the mixture of chana dal and put it on the roti. Then, close the edges of the roti to cover the chana ball.
6. Press the ball with your hands and roll it out to make it flat, like a roti. Then, heat a frying pan and put the Puran Poli on it. Roast it on the frying pan.
Puran Polis are ready to be served. You could serve it hot with some ghee and coconut milk.
Happy Pongal and Makar Sankranti!
- yoga spiritualityMakar Sankranti 2022: Trigrahi Yoga In Capricorn, Difficulties May Increase For These Zodiac Signs
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2022: Know the Impact of Sun-Saturn Conjunction After 29 Years
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2022: Donate These Things According To Your Zodiac Sign
- recipesPongal Recipe: How To Make Pongal At Home
- recipesMakar Sankranti 2021: Recipe For Making Murmura Ladoo
- recipesMakar Sankranti: Recipe For Til Ke Ladoo
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2022: Cultural Significance Of Having Khichdi On This Festival
- recipesMakar Sankranti: How To Prepare Dal Khichdi On This Festival
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2022: Things To Do And Avoid On This Day
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance
- lifePongal Messages, Wishes And Quotes To Share On WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2020: 11 Facts About The Kite Flying Festival