- 56 min ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 1 hr ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 1 hr ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- 1 hr ago Sonakshi Sinha’s Recent Pink Ethereal Outfits Are What All Fashionistas' Dreams Are Made Of
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar Says ‘Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare’ Is The Best Script She Has Read In A While
- Technology Apple Likely To Rollout iOS 13.3 This Week: What To Expect
- Sports Wasim Jaffer becomes first Indian to play 150 Ranji matches
- News Unidentified man tried to trespass Parliament, caught by security
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Ganesh Chaturthi is a festival of Maharashtra, but, today, it celebrated throughout the country. If you want to celebrate the festival in authentic Marathi style, you should know the actual pulse of the occasion there. Wheat kheer recipe is one such delicacy which you must prepare on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.
To make Marathi style 'Gehun ka Kheer', you need to follow the method to prepare the wheat kheer recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi.
This is a different kind of a recipe and the main difference is in its ingredient. Wheat is used instead of rice.
Also Read: Oats Ladoo Recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi
With minimal changes in the ingredients, you can make some delicious wheat kheer recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi and welcome 'Ganapati Bappa' this year in all its grandeur.
You can offer this sweet recipe as a naivedyam and then enjoy it with your friends and family. So, read on to know more about the ingredients required and the method of preparation of this healthy sweet recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi.
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 25 minutes
1. Whole wheat - 2 ½ cups
2. Milk - 5 cups
3. Jaggery - 2 ½ cups
4. Ghee - 4 tbsp
5. Shredded coconut - 1 cup
6. Green cardamom powder - ¼th tsp
7. Mixed nuts - ¼th cup
8. Raisins - 10 (for garnishing)
1. Clean wheat grains under running water for 2-3 times and keep them soaking overnight.
2. On the next morning, spread them out on a clean towel and dry well.
3. Now, grind the wheat grains coarsely. The paste should not be smooth.
4. Then, take a thick-bottomed pan and heat some ghee.
5. Now, add ground wheat and cook it over low flame for almost ten minutes.
6. Add jaggery, milk and shredded coconut into the wheat and stir continuously.
7. If you find the mixture getting too thick, add in the milk.
8. Let the ingredients dissolve together.
9. Add in the mixed nuts and a pinch of cardamom powder.
10. Cook until the kheer becomes thick enough.
11. Check the consistency and check if you can pour it easily.
12. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
13. Your wheat kheer is ready.
14. Garnish it with raisins while serving.
Try this special wheat kheer recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi and let us know your feedback.