- 16 hrs ago Designer Virgil Abloh, Famous For High-End Streetwear, Passes Away At 41 From Cancer
- 17 hrs ago Omicron Reportedly Has 30+ Mutations In Spike Protein Region, May Bypass Vaccines: AIIMS Chief Randeep Guleria
- 19 hrs ago Amazon Sale: Awesome Smart And Elegant Watches For Women With Up To 60% Off
- 19 hrs ago Planning To Bleach Your Hair? 8 Things To Look Out For And A Step-By-Step Guide
- News Decision on booster dose for special cases in 2 weeks: Dr NK Arora
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: A successful coach need not be a successful player: Andy Flower
- Movies 83 Trailer: Ranveer Singh And Team Bring An Inspiring Story Of India's Historic 1983 World Cup Win
- Technology Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 Gaming Laptop Review: Polished Gaming Machine
- Automobiles Ather Energy Commissions Second Factory — Production To Hit 4 Lakh Units/Year
- Finance Small Cap Company Stock To Watch Out After Dolly Khanna Ups Stake
- Education KVPY Aptitude Test 2021 Date Announced, Check KVPY Fellowship Exam Date And Other Details Here
- Travel Discovery’s Lost Essence S2: Cyrus Sahukar Explores The Hidden Gems Of India
Tulsi (basil) plant is holy in Hindu tradition. According to Hindus, Tulsi is the incarnation of Goddess Laxmi. Tulsi vivah is a celebration of tulsi's marriage with shaligram or Lord Krishna. This year, in 2019, the festival will be celebrated on 9 November.
This festival is very common in Goa and other states of the country. Tulsi vivah is the festival in which several sweets recipes are prepared to enjoy the marriage. Sweet potato kheer is one common sweet dish recipe prepare during tulsi vivah.
Sweet potato kheer recipe for tulsi vivah:
1/2 kg sweet potatoes
4 cup coconut scraped
3 cups coconut milk
1/4 kg jaggery
1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
4 cup water
2 tbsp sago
7-8 almonds sliced
Directions to make sweet potato kheer recipe:
1. Cut the sweet potatoes into thin and small slices. Boil water and add sago. Stir well and then add the potato slices. Boil till the sweet potatoes become soft.
2. Heat a pan and melt jaggery. Mix melted jaggery in the boiling water and mix well.
3. Now add coconut milk in the boiling solution and stir for 5-8 minutes till it thickens. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Sprinkle cardamom powder and almond slices. Remove the kheer from the flame.
Sweet potato kheer recipe is ready to it. Serve it hot.