- 23 min ago Kajol's Dupatta Is Sangeet-Perfect And Her Look Test For Tanhaji Has All Our Attention
- 32 min ago Remembering Lala Lajpat Rai On His 155th Birth Anniversary: Lesser Known Facts About Him
- 37 min ago The Forgotten Army Actress Sharvari's Latest Fashion Roundup Is A Must For All The Fashionistas
- 56 min ago 10 Body Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dry Winter Skin
- Sports 'House of Kobe': Basketball-mad Philippines mourns NBA legend
- Finance Govt To Release Report Card On ‘Smart Cities’ In June
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 - Priyanka Shivanna Gets Eliminated
- Technology Future Apple Mac Could Be Built Using Curved Sheet Of Glass
- News Coronavirus scare: Kerala CM writes to PM seeking special flight to airlift stranded Indians
- Automobiles Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
As we know that Pongal is a harvest festival in India, the festival marks the overall prosperity and wellness of the people. The important part of the festival is the sugarcane. This year the festival will start on 15 January and end on 18 January.
Boldsky has come up with a mouth-watering special sugarcane kheer recipe that you can prepare for Makar Sankranti. Sugarcane has a lot of health benefits. People suffering from jaundice are usually advised to consume sugarcane juice for a speedy recovery. Sugarcane is high in proteins, calcium, potassium and iron content.
Sugarcane juice also helps you in curing several infections and continuous drinking of the juice can gradually dissolve the kidney stones.
So, let us start preparing this unique kheer, also known as the sugarcane kheer. Have a look at the recipe:
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time- 20 minutes
- Sugarcane juice - 1 cup
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 3 to 4
- Raisins - 2 teaspoons
- Cashew - 8 to 10 (chopped)
- Almonds - 8 to 10 (sliced)
- Take a round bowl, add milk and then add rice. Add a little water and cover it with a plate.
- When the rice gets softened, add the sugarcane juice.
- Keep stirring. Cook this in low flame.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Let the rice cook until it becomes soft.
- In another pan, add ghee, after it has heated, add raisins, cardamom, almonds and cashews.
- Add these to the rice pan. Let it cook well.
- Serve it hot.
This is the best recipe that you can try for this Pongal festival. Try the recipe and let us know your feedback.