- 4 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 5 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 6 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 7 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Movies Salman Khan’s Race 3 Was Not A Flop: Remo D’Souza
- News EU to debate anti-CAA resolution, voting delayed till March
- Sports PBL 2020: Hyderabad Hunters recovers after Sindhu's shock defeat to Michelle Li
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The festival of lights is back. We are left with just a few more days to welcome the most colourful and joyful festival, Diwali.
Diwali is celebrated for two days with each day having it's own significance. The main highlights of the festival are the crackers and food.
A variety of foods and sweet recipes are prepared for Diwali, but today we will prepare a slightly different barfi. This recipe is known as '7 cups barfi' as we will be using seven cups of quantity out of six ingredients.
This is one of the simple and easy sweet recipe that you can prepare this Diwali without a hassle. So if you are the one who loves to prepare sweets for this festival, then this is the sweet you need to make.
So why wait, let's start preparing the '7 cups barfi' recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking Time - 15 mins
Preparation Time - 10 mins
Besan Flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 cup
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Almonds - 1 cup
- Take a pan and add a 1/4 teaspoon of ghee. Once heated add a cup of besan flour.
- Roast the besan until it turns reddish brown.
- Add milk and stir it well.
- Now add sugar to the mixture and mix it well.
- Keep stirring as it takes around 10-15 minutes for the sugar to dissolve in the milk completely.
- Now add ghee and grated coconut and continue to stir.
- Cook the mixture on a low flame for ten minutes.
- When the mixture becomes a little thick then transfer it to another pan and let it cool at the room temperature for 6 to 7 hours.
- Once the sweet becomes thick (approximately after 20-30 minutes) cut it in square shape.