- 2 min ago 5 Easy And Quick Hairstyles You Can Do With A Scrunchie To Look Effortlessly Flawless!
- 27 min ago Hanuman Jayanti 2021: Quotes, Messages And Wishes To Share On This Day
- 1 hr ago Flashback Friday: Decoding Smita Patil’s Fashion From The Movie Mirch Masala
- 3 hrs ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- Movies Salman Khan's Radhe Trailer Kickstarts Meme Fest; Trolls Say 'Another Pandemic Has Hit Us'
- News Chennai Photo Biennale's third edition announces grant for conservation photography
- Travel 10 Best Beaches In India To Visit This Summer 2021
- Education JKSSB Result 2021 Released For Various Posts Under PM Package
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Announces Cool Your Car Campaign For Its Customers: Details & More!
- Sports IPL 2021: Kevin Pietersen feels Rajasthan Royals overpaid for Chris Morris at auction
- Finance COVID Crises: Banks To Work From 10AM-2PM, Offering Only Basic Services
- Technology How To Check BSNL Bharat Fibre And AirFibre Data Usage
Broken wheat or samba rava is obtained by crushing the whole wheat grains into smaller pieces. Many varieties of dishes are prepared using broken wheat. So, for all you health conscious people out there, we've this this nutritious broken wheat kheer recipe that you can prepare this Navratri.
Instead of preparing kheer with semiya or rice, this Navratri, you can cook the delicious broken wheat or samba rava payasam recipe, which is very healthy and is also one of the best recipes to be had during the Navratri vrat.
So, take a look at how to prepare the samba rava or broken wheat kheer recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 25 minutes
Preparation time - 15 minutes
- Milk - 500 mL
- Samba Rava (Broken Wheat) - 200 g
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Cashew nuts - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 8 to 10
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4th teaspoon
1. Boil the milk till it reduces to half.
2. In a pan, add ghee, cashew nuts & sauté it till it turns light golden brown in colour. Then, add the raisins & sauté it till it turns fluffy.
3. In the same pan, add samba rava (broken wheat) and keep stirring it in a low flame for about 5 minutes, until it gets a nice aroma.
4. Now, gently add the reduced milk to the cooked samba rava (broken wheat). Keep stirring it continuously, so as to make sure that no lumps are formed.
5. Add cardamom powder, sugar, fried cashew nuts, raisins & cook it for 2 minutes.
6. Serve the Samba Rava (Broken Wheat) Payasam either hot or chilled.