- 25 min ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- 2 hrs ago How To Get Pink Lips Naturally At Home
- 3 hrs ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 3 hrs ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- Movies Mission Mangal Director Jagan Shakti’s Medical Expenses Being Taken Care Of By Akshay Kumar?
- Finance Apps for Forex Trading
- News JDU expels Prashant Kishor, Pavan Varma for 'anti-party' activities
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 3rd T20I, Highlights: Rohit inflicts more Super Over misery on Black Caps to seal series
- Technology Google To Add Live Transcription Feature To Its Translate App
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Odisha In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
People have this conception that Ramzan recipes only incorporate meat and biriyani at the most. However, there is a wide variety in Ramzan recipes as well. There are vegetarian dishes that make great Iftar recipes and also some of the greatest sweet dishes that are only made during Ramzan. Take Qimami Seviyan for example. It is a special Lucknowi recipe that is prepared during the holy Islamic month of fasting.
Qimami Seviyan is a Ramzan recipe with a difference. Normally, seviyan or vermicelli is prepared a bit soggy with milk and sugar. But for this Lucknow special dish, the vermicelli is cooked a little dry and laced with sweetness. Be rest assured that this dish tastes just as delicious as it looks. So what are you waiting for, prepare this sweet dish to provide a fitting climax to your Iftar dinner.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Vermicelli- 2 cups
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Milk- 3 cups
- Cardamom- 4-5
- Cloves- 4-5
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Almonds- 10
- Pistachios- 10
- Saffron- 1 pinch
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan. Saute the cardamom and cloves in it.
- Keep the fried spices aside and fry the seviyan or vermicelli in the ghee.
- Keep stirring to prevent the vermicelli from getting burned. You need to fry the vermicelli for at least 5-6 minutes on a low flame.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 cups of water in a pan and add sugar to it. Keep boiling the sugar until it turns into a thick sugar syrup. This should take about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the sugar syrup is made, pour the seviyan into it. Stir in 2 to 3 cups of milk and boil the mixture.
- In about 4-5 minutes, the milk will become creamy. Remember, seviyan has to be cooked with a minimum amount of milk for this dish.
- Garnish with fried cloves and cardamom. Also, decorate with almonds and pistachios.
Refrigerate the dish and serve it chilled for Iftar.