- 8 hrs ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 9 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 10 hrs ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 13 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs SRH: Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible 11, Match prediction
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale: Discount Offers On Realme 8s 5G, Realme C21Y, Realme Narzo 30 5G, And More
- News UP relaxes Covid lockdown norms for functions at open spaces
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan: Gauri Says I Overact All The Time And I Do Not Even Look Good On Screen [Flashback]
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 1 lakh IoT Enabled Charging Stations In India
- Finance Crisil Upgrades Bharti Airtel's Long-Term Rating to AA+; Short-Term Rating Reaffirmed
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
People have this conception that Ramzan recipes only incorporate meat and biriyani at the most. However, there is a wide variety in Ramzan recipes as well. There are vegetarian dishes that make great Iftar recipes and also some of the greatest sweet dishes that are only made during Ramzan. Take Qimami Seviyan for example. It is a special Lucknowi recipe that is prepared during the holy Islamic month of fasting.
Qimami Seviyan is a Ramzan recipe with a difference. Normally, seviyan or vermicelli is prepared a bit soggy with milk and sugar. But for this Lucknow special dish, the vermicelli is cooked a little dry and laced with sweetness. Be rest assured that this dish tastes just as delicious as it looks. So what are you waiting for, prepare this sweet dish to provide a fitting climax to your Iftar dinner.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Vermicelli- 2 cups
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Milk- 3 cups
- Cardamom- 4-5
- Cloves- 4-5
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Almonds- 10
- Pistachios- 10
- Saffron- 1 pinch
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan. Saute the cardamom and cloves in it.
- Keep the fried spices aside and fry the seviyan or vermicelli in the ghee.
- Keep stirring to prevent the vermicelli from getting burned. You need to fry the vermicelli for at least 5-6 minutes on a low flame.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 cups of water in a pan and add sugar to it. Keep boiling the sugar until it turns into a thick sugar syrup. This should take about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the sugar syrup is made, pour the seviyan into it. Stir in 2 to 3 cups of milk and boil the mixture.
- In about 4-5 minutes, the milk will become creamy. Remember, seviyan has to be cooked with a minimum amount of milk for this dish.
- Garnish with fried cloves and cardamom. Also, decorate with almonds and pistachios.
Refrigerate the dish and serve it chilled for Iftar.