- 1 hr ago How To Get Pink Lips Naturally At Home
- 2 hrs ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 2 hrs ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 3 hrs ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- News In Bhubaneswar, Men found sitting in women's seat in city buses to be fined
- Movies Vijay Deverakonda To Share Screen Space With Mahesh Babu?
- Sports Spurs sign PSV's Bergwijn for reported £27m
- Technology Alibaba Foldable Phone Patent Spotted: How’s It Different?
- Finance Sensex Ends Higher On Strong Global Cues
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Odisha In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Navratri is a time when your diet is severely restricted. If you follow the rules set by Hinduism, there are several things that you cannot add to Navratri recipes. Nine days without onions, garlic, flour or rice becomes difficult to sustain. However, you are not prohibited from eating sweets. So thank the Goddess for small pleasures in life and have delicious lauki ka halwa during Navratri.
Lauki ka halwa is a recipe that can easily have during Navratri. Lauki means bottle gourd in English. Not only is it a healthy Navratri recipe, it is also very filling. And if you happen to have a sweet tooth, you can indulge it luxuriously. Here is how you can prepare lauki ka halwa at home easily.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Doodhi or Lauki or Bottle gourd- 3 cups
- Ghee (clarified butter)- 3 tablespoons
- Warm Milk- 3 cups
- Cardamom powder- ½ teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar - ¾ cup
- Almonds - 7 (sliced)
- Grate the lauki or bottle gourd on a shredder once the skin has been peeled off.
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan and once the ghee starts boiling, add the lauki to it.
- Water starts oozing out of lauki once its heated. Stir the lauki for 10 minutes until the water evaporates.
- Add warm milk to pan now and stir it in. Keep stirring and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder to the pan and once the lauki halwa starts drying up, add the sugar.
- Stir it in and cook for another 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve lauki halwa chilled.
This recipe perfect for Navratri fasting because it does not contain any of the forbidden ingredients.