- 2 hrs ago How To Get Pink Lips Naturally At Home
- 2 hrs ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 3 hrs ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 3 hrs ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 5G Set To Launch On January 30
- News Anna University Result 2019 declared: Links and steps to check
- Finance Consumer Tips to Keep Your Debit Card Safe
- Movies 1917 Crosses US$200 Million At The Global Box Office
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Sports Spurs sign PSV's Bergwijn for reported £27m
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Odisha In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Janmashtami recipes is meant to be milky, creamy and sweet. If you are thinking of all the traditional recipes, then don't be bothered. Most of us are working and do not have the time to prepare traditional recipes with so much effort. But we can make a simple kheer recipe that will be perfect for janmashtami. Gulab ki kheer is a recipe that is novel and delicious at the same time. This year, in 2019, the festival will be celebrated on 24th August, Saturday.
The best part about this Janmashtami recipe is that it gets cooked in just 30 minutes. If you want to prepare gulab ki kheer in the place of the traditional halwas and khoya recipes, then you are most welcome to. Like all other Janmashtami recipes, gulab ki kheer has plenty of milk, cream and is really sweet.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Milk- 4 cups
- Rice- ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder- 1tsp
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Pistachios- 10
- Raisins- 10
- Rose water- 1tbsp
- Gulkand- 10 gms
- Rose petals- 10-15
- Pour milk in a deep bottomed pan. When it starts bubbling, add rice and sugar to the pan.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder from the top and boil the milk for 10 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Boil the milk until the rice becomes soft and breaks.
- Add the pistachios and raisins and simmer the gulab ki kheer for 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
- Now, remove the kheer from the heat and chill it in the refrigerator.
- Add rose water, gulkand and half the rose petals to the kheer. Mix it up nicely.
- Serve gulab ki kheer in silver bowls or glasses. Garnish it with the remaining rose petals.
You must always serve the gulab ki kheer chilled and frozen if possible.