- 2 hrs ago Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- 16 hrs ago Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- 16 hrs ago Kriti Sanon Looks Fresh And Radiant In Her Vibrant Orange Dress; Take A Look At Her Orange Eye Shadow Too!
- 24 hrs ago Vitamin E Deficiency: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Sports Tokyo 2020: PV Sindhu makes winning start at Olympics, beats Ksenia Polikarpova in opener
- Movies EXCLUSIVE! Sahil Anand On Getting Affected By Paatr’s Story: I Lost My Sense Of Usual Self
- News PM Modi to address 79th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' at 11 am today
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Automobiles Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
You can try this Rakhi recipe at half an hour's notice. So, if you did not have this delicious Indian sweet dish on your menu, do not worry; it is still not too late. Most dessert recipes that are traditional use a lot of khoa and ghee. But for bread barfi, you will be using breadcrumbs. If your brother is health conscious then you can use crumbs of brown bread to make this a healthier dessert.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Breadcrumbs- 2 cups
- Milk- 1 cup
- Jaggery (gur)- 100 grams (around one cup)
- Coconut- 1/2 cup (grated)
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Rose water- few drops
- Cashew nuts- 10
- Soak the breadcrumbs in milk for about ten minutes. Do not keep it too long or else it will wilt completely. The crunchy texture of the crumbs is something that you look forward to in this sweet dish.
- Meanwhile, melt the jaggery in a deep bottomed pan. Do this on low flame for 5 to 7 minutes. Add a little water if necessary.
- Never put jaggery on high flame because it gets sticky and burns from the base.
- When the jaggery melts into a smooth and thick solution, add grated coconut to it. Keep stirring it on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Them pour the soaked breadcrumbs along with the remaining milk into the pan. Add ghee and keep stirring it continuously.
- Do this for the next 5-7 minutes until the ghee starts dripping out of the mixture.
- Add a few drops of rose water and the cashew nuts to it.
- Remove it from the flame and spread it out on tray. When it cools to room temperature, you can cut it into rectangular pieces.
Decorate the Bread Barfi with strands of saffron and have a very sweet Raksha Bandhan!