- Sports India vs West Indies: Shivam Dube slams maiden T20I fifty, Virat Kohli gets lauded for his masterstroke
- News Lata Mangeshkar discharged from hospital, thanks fans for prayers
- Movies Hyderabad Murder Accused Killed In Encounter: Upendra’s Bold Comments Go Viral
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Bhang is a special treat for Holi. This Indian festival of colours is incomplete without adding Bhang to the dishes. It is prepared with leaves and flowers of the female cannabis plants. You can add bhang to the chilled thandai or special Holi sweets.
Bhang ka peda is a special Indian sweet recipe that is prepared on Holi as well as Maha-Shivratri. All you need is milk powder, aromatic spices like cardamom and bhang. The blend of sugar and bhang makes it a perfect intoxicating sweet dish for Holi. Check out the Holi special sweet recipe.
Bhang ka peda, Holi sweet recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Bhang leaves- 2tbsp
- Khoya- 1 cup
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Saffron- a few strands
- Pistachios- 2tbsp (sliced)
- Ghee- ½ cup
- Wash the bhang leaves in flowing water and remove all the dirt.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan. Gently add the washed bhang leaves into the pan and fry for 5-10 minutes on a low flame, till the bhang leaves change colour from light to dark green.
- Spread the bhang leaves on a plate.
- Meanwhile, mix khoya with sugar and knead till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the bhang leaves in a bowl and mix with khoya.
- Make pedas with your hands. Grease with ghee to prevent the pedas from breaking.
- Garnish with saffron and pistachios. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
Bhang ka peda is ready to eat. Enjoy this Holi sweet.